(03-30-2017, 01:44 AM)medsal15 Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 12:16 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 09:21 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: shitty joke sword
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002495
[Image: tumblr_inline_ninyf77wWf1r0sj8j.png]

Homestuck never truly leaves.

Good
If we want a shitty sword, why not the SORD
(03-30-2017, 02:13 PM)Mageziya Wrote: If we want a shitty sword, why not the SORD
Looks like a clown took a piece of cardboard, a stick and a bucket of paint and combined them.
Could be neat if you got the sneaking suit with the katana or something like Sundance's idea (kimono and clip clop shoes).

Why not have a chance that the katana will break and you'll end up like the QVC guy?

Roll all of the tropes up into one traitor item.

II'm trying to think of serious additionsadditions right now but I'm having a brain fart.
WTF I come back to this community to see my shitty Katana code being looked at?

I have a bit more coding experience if people want me to revise stuff, especially special abilities and the like.

EDIT: My art skills suck so don't ask me to actually sprite something new. I'm pretty sure I took the Katana's sprite from an ideas forum post.
Some potential sword abilities:
  • Slash- Melee attack that hits the tile in front of you, as well as the ones to the left and right of that. Default attack
  • Stab- Melee attack that extends two tiles away from you. Pierces through and continues to damage anyone behind the first target
  • Spin- Melee attack that hits every tile around out. No cooldown, but too frequent use leaves you first stumbling dizzy then stunned if you continue
  • Lunge- A quick dash. Very low cool down
  • Parry- A few seconds in which Melee attacks are blocked, ranged attacks have reduced damage
(03-31-2017, 09:43 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Some potential sword abilities:
  • Slash- Melee attack that hits the tile in front of you, as well as the ones to the left and right of that. Default attack
  • Stab- Melee attack that extends two tiles away from you. Pierces through and continues to damage anyone behind the first target
  • Spin- Melee attack that hits every tile around out. No cooldown, but too frequent use leaves you first stumbling dizzy then stunned if you continue
  • Lunge- A quick dash. Very low cool down
  • Parry- A few seconds in which Melee attacks are blocked, ranged attacks have reduced damage

I like these ideas for special attacks, they seem pretty doable since the new mining tools have multi-square-attack stuff (i actually think more stuff like this applied to existing weapons/maybe craftable ones would be good but shh)
Make it so your character yells out the name of the attack each time they use it. I want to go full weeaboo here people.
(03-31-2017, 12:38 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Make it so your character yells out the name of the attack each time they use it. I want to go full weeaboo here people.

I think the question here is whether we want it to be an authentic space samurai with all the gear and stuff or a space neckbeard who wears a fedora and knows way too much about anime.
(03-31-2017, 12:58 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 12:38 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Make it so your character yells out the name of the attack each time they use it. I want to go full weeaboo here people.

I think the question here is whether we want it to be an authentic space samurai with all the gear and stuff or a space neckbeard who wears a fedora and knows way too much about anime.

Why not combine the two?
(03-31-2017, 01:05 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 12:58 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:

Why not combine the two?

Space neckbeard who wears the authentic space samurai gear (a fedora), knows way too much about anime and also happens to be an actual space samurai.

Also it should have a very powerful attack that takes 30 whole seconds of quoting and posing to execute.
(03-31-2017, 01:56 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: ...

Also it should have a very powerful attack that takes 30 whole seconds of quoting and posing to execute.

Instead of activating the abilities like normal and having them shout out what they do, have them shout out what they do be what triggers the ability.

Quote:say "Flyingninjadeathchopslashu"

Cue complete failures at saying it while giving yourself away.
Anime for sure. I love the shouting out the names. Someone rename all my moves something fancy like "Duel Moon Crescent Blade Force"