Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing the radiation warning
As it currently stands, radiation in SS13 is nowhere near as terrifying as it is in real life, for one simple reason: it's easy to tell you're being exposed. As such, we should remove the visible warning indicator, and replace it with the following:

-A Geiger counter, available to engineers, miners and scientists. Normally, the light and screen are off. When radiation is detected, the light and screen activate and display the exposure rate and cumulative exposure upon examination. Using it resets the cumulative exposure counter.

[Image: 7x8DUG6.png][Image: HOeM5Wc.png]

-Symptoms after radiation exposure: After a time, and depending on how severe your exposure was, you will receive messages and symptoms of radiation poisoning, such as headaches, nausea, etc.

Why this should be done:

-Will make the radiation crossbow more useful, allowing the user time to escape detection.
-Will make the eventual nuclear engine far more fun for the crew.
Not sure how someone running around with a crossbow shooting people with a gigantic big green wad of poison can be less suspicious than it is, but yeah i agree with the rest.
Perhaps the analyzers should detect radiation as well, with the caveat that they don't warn you, only tell you if the room has radiation.

e.g Gieger counters go BEEP BEEP BEEP in danger, analyzers only passively tell you your screwed.
I agree with this.
How about the symbol being on PDAs? Gives you another reason not to throw them out.
Oh, Also I think doctors should have access to Geiger counters as well, Maybe all of medbay, throw one in each of the closets maybe, and make other people scannable with them
We can just cheese the current explanation as jumpsuits having built-in sensors. Actually, why don't they have built in sensors?
Niars Wrote:We can just cheese the current explanation as jumpsuits having built-in sensors. Actually, why don't they have built in sensors?

Because TG and Bay use it...Alot
bladex454 Wrote:
Niars Wrote:We can just cheese the current explanation as jumpsuits having built-in sensors. Actually, why don't they have built in sensors?

Because TG and Bay use it...Alot

Wouldn't know, never been on them. But fair enough! It's not like anyone ever checks the health computer anyway.
Add dosimeters to let us know if we have a life dose or not.
if you have rad poisoinig and hide in a trash can you should be a dalek
bladex454 Wrote:if you have rad poisoinig and hide in a trash can you should be a dalek
what does radiation have to do with daleks?
enforcer9 Wrote:
bladex454 Wrote:if you have rad poisoinig and hide in a trash can you should be a dalek
I'm going to assume it's in reference to a dr. who special in which the Darleks were in their robot suits to survive the extreme radiation of the planet they were on.
I remember catching it while I was bored and flicking through the channels one night.
It's still a strange suggestion.
Readster Wrote:
enforcer9 Wrote:
I'm going to assume it's in reference to a dr. who special in which the Darleks were in their robot suits to survive the extreme radiation of the planet they were on.
I remember catching it while I was bored and flicking through the channels one night.
It's still a strange suggestion.
I disapprove of that suggestion then.