Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove viruses from random events
To this date I've never seen one of them ever do anything significant, except give a few people the sniffles.  Apparently they can't even be cured by virology, either.  I'd much rather have ANY of the other events happen, which are all more interesting and Fun.
The random disease code still uses the old virus code instead of pathology, I'll see if i can submit a patch to change this.

Done: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6078
(03-11-2016, 04:32 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: The random disease code still uses the old virus code instead of pathology, I'll see if i can submit a patch to change this.

Done: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6078

God Erik! Go! Erik "The Prolific Patcher" Hanson
put a greater variety of diseases in random events

for example, remember that time everyone started farting plasma and we all fucking burnt to death? fun times
(03-20-2016, 09:06 PM)misto Wrote: put a greater variety of diseases in random events

for example, remember that time everyone started farting plasma and we all fucking burnt to death? fun times

also there should be a disease/condition that requires removal of your butt if this is becoming pathogenchat
Marq basically straight up asked for symptom suggestions. We need to just get together and shove a whole bunch of dumb ideas in a thread. You eventually come out with a few gems that way.
How about a pathology symptom that causes your limbs to slowly fall off.
(03-23-2016, 09:45 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: How about a pathology symptom that causes your limbs to slowly fall off.

I can very definitely confirm that this is already a thing.

also it's not slow.
(03-23-2016, 09:45 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: How about a pathology symptom that causes your limbs to slowly fall off.

Fall off... and crawl away?
(03-23-2016, 10:46 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I think that's called being a changeling.
(03-23-2016, 10:46 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Fall off... and crawl away... and grow into a miniature clone of yourself? Starfishitis?
Slowly developing argyria. You're fine healthwise, but you become blue-grey, and any reactions involving silver can occur without the silver if all other conditions are met in your body. (That is, the disease is supplying the silver for the reaction to take place). It's not especially crazy, but if everything is super wacky, it would get a bit tiring.
Ear worm parasites- a catchy jingle starts playing, gradually getting louder as the symptoms progress

Exploding knees- at some point, your legs blow off your body

Tapeworms - ingested chems have a percentage of the units absorbed by gut parasites. Occasionally a worm is coughed up which contains the chems it absorbed.

CIPA - You no longer have a pain respone. You don't have the usual slow down and fainting effects from high damage. However, your HUD no longer displays your health and atmospheric changes such as heat, cold, and air loss.

Eueghs Ray vision - You can see what's inside pockets, bags and boxes on examine. Everyone shows up as unknown skeletons, though.

Big Head syndrome - Your head is 3x it's normal size

Malleable skin - Your appearance randomly changes every few minutes.

Nickelodeon's Foot - leave behind a slime trail as you move. Movement speed is halved when traveling on non slimed tiles and doubled on slimed ones.