Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny RP Characters
I've recently been having simply way too much fun on Destiny (go try it out if you still haven't, its very enjoyable) and as some of us have pulled off some very interesting gimmicks and actually have a some kind of basic understanding HOW they want their character to be, I figured it would be kind of fun if people would write up some of their backstory in this thread, which may or may not be used as IC knowledge then. Naturally how your character acts under the said name usually also waries on the job you end up as, so feel free to specify if he/she does something different under different circumstances. Also, there is no template or anything, but feel free to shamelessly copy me if you so wish to. Keep in mind that this is mostly for fun and background and might not actually reflect in-game/nor the game canon.

Judge Ledger

Usual occupation: Security Officer

He is good at: Running after crooks, whining at people and their stupidity, basic engineering and mechanic stuff (engine is a mystery to him), piloting pods, basic medicine (the stuff you get from vendors).

He is terrible at: Pretty much everything else. Especially chemistry. 

Backstory: After the terrible development on Development Array One, which had its nearly whole crew devoured by a pair of organic entities that had shapeshifting abilities, Ledger vowed to make things different and he entered NTSOTI, which stands for Nanotrasen Security Officer Training Institute. He spent four long years doing rigorous training which involved studies of the space law, clown anatomy, how to recover from self-inflicted stun baton injuries and most importantly, lots and lots of Nanotrasen corporate brainwashing. Due to his financial situation, he worked some hours on and off in the Ainsley Staff Retreat, which empowered his hatred for stupidity and loonies but also taught him some empathy towards junkies and alcoholics. (Especially Shitty Bill who kept appearing there over and over again for re-hab.)

After hearing about NSS Destiny and it's glorious voyage, Ledger quickly amassed recommendations from his superiors and applied for a job, which he promptly managed to get.

Things you may know about this character:
- Hates stupid people which is very evident from his never ending complaining about them. 
- His favorite drink is triple citrus and he rarely if ever drinks booze. And that he often gets bullied for this.
- He tries way, way too hard sometimes. 
- Doesn't believe in execution but in reformation/rehabilitation. 
- He HATES screaming borgs with a passion. Especially L-14.
- He is currently suffering from amnesia after his third cloning.

Things you may not know about this character:
- Is actually a PDA trickster.
- He may or might not have affection towards a manipulative medical doctor.
- Has actually never killed/murdered anyone.

His greatest achievements so far:
- Successfully defended Dewin Jowens in a trial, which saved him from his execution. 

Rough estimate on times he has been cloned: 3. (Blob, changeling and Tess Dantooine.)
Hahaha. This is great. I've been seeing more and more folks on Destiny lately and it warms my heart. I'll weigh in with a bio sheet shortly. My character tends to reflect his environment so it's difficult to pin down.

All I can say for now is: Beezlebub the Clown is clown of the year.
I want to see one of these for employee of the month, Unfrozen Caveman
(03-11-2016, 05:44 AM)Azungar Wrote: ...
- Has actually never killed/murdered anyone.

His greatest achievements so far:
- Successfully defended Dewin Jowens in a trial, which saved him from his execution. 

you defended a man that assaulted your boss with a radbow, good job frown

that being said, I'll put something up here for Oar at some point
(I'll edit this, for formatting and information, if/when I play more RP)

THEODORE JAMES TEDOFSKY (TEDDY TEDOFSKY)

Teddy joined NT after being unable to find employment on earth. Teddy is... uh... kind of dim. He's creative sure, but he's not very good at much of anything.

Teddy's redeeming quality is that he tries to be a good person; he is known for healing people when he can.

Teddy is also known for sometimes living as a borg to ensure his body stays fresh; when he is a bot, he is known as TeddyBot. As a bot, Teddy is a rules lawyer, and frequently has fun with his robot laws.
Cosmoman Dan

History:
His dad is a high-ranking executive in Nanotrasen, a chief financier. Needless to say, Dan was being groomed to be the inheritor of the position. His family's last name? Viszla. However, he has forsaken the name and nicknamed himself Cosmoman, much to the chagrin of his dad. Every once and a while his dad arranged to make him a captain in an attempt to teach how to be a business man and not forsake your name. He has a strange and confusing love/hate relationship with his dad, and can often one second be cursing his dad and the next begging his dad to help him.

Cosmoman Dan is a flagrant drug addict, and can often be found sampling whatever he can get his hands on. He occasionally causes trouble when he runs around screaming from ANGRY POOS he's hallucinating.

When he is a borg, he is Cosmodrone Tyrone.
Dr. Strangeloaf is shit and is always looking for new ways to annoy the crew for his amusement.  Kill he.
Joeri Hagedooren

History: Really weird how he got into NT, considering he was a high-school dropout who didn't really have a penchant for working, at all. Probably the most likely way is that he had someone in his family with an in within the company, who got his foot in the door. 

Not being a particular fan of large things, since large things require the most work, Joeri signed up to work on the NSS Destiny. 

Things you may know: 
- Doesn't do much. 
- Kinda stupid. 
- Likes being a doctor. 

Things you should know:
- Likes bees. A lot. 
- Doesn't drink. 
- Likes synthesizing chemicals. 
- Likes bees. 
- Uhhhh, likes bees. 
- Would rather not do anything than do something important, but likes not being bored. 

Greatest achievement: 
- On his first day on the job as a Medical Doctor, he saved someone from a heart attack, shock, and suffocation who was in crit (obviously) while suffering from the same symptoms, plus bleeding. 

This suffice?
had a little fun writing this

It is me, the one and only Ettore "Hector" Boiardi. Yes, the very war hero, who supplied allied soldiers with a meal, and world renown chef where I am known as "Boyardee". I had to stage my death many years ago, as I was being hunted down by a haunted can of my own branded Ravioli. The only way to escape said can was stage my own death. After I had left my life behind, I went and joined Nanotrasen where I personally was selected to be the Chef of the new Space Station commonly known as SS13. I quickly rose through the ranks and eventually found myself the Head of Security. I've seen some shit that would make Spaghettio's look good. I've died so many times, that my original body has most likely been used to create a clone of someone else. I have no idea which clone I am, but I still seem to have the same memories. Even if my memories are not real, it's still me Ettore. I even made some friends on this station. One of which gave me photos of a cat. I also made some enemies, rival chefs who wanted my recipes, clowns, and at some point I even became a Ghostbuster in an attempt to rid the station of ghastly spirits. You may be asking yourself, "Chef, why are you telling me this?" Simply put, it seems that the Can that was once haunting me has gone away and now I can return the planet as blue and cool as me!                                           

spoiler ettore died upon re-entering the atmosphere.
here is his grave
[Image: LUGgQ5x.jpg]
I might as well. Do note this is more of a target than what is currently the case. I've been trying to ease both into these roles over a period of time.

ALICE DEVEREUX
Alicia Kincaid Devereux is a hard person to pin down. On one hand, she genuinely tries to be (and is) helpful in numerous positions around the station. At the same time, these events rely on occuring when she's not tripping on a cocktail of strange drugs whipped up in the depths of medbay.  While she has an attitude of taking no shit from anyone, she's absolutely incompetent as a fighter, even when given the most powerful tools. Intimidation and sheer good will is usually what sees her to see another shift. Curiously, she claims no known relation to crewmember Alex Devereux...

ALEX DEVEREUX
Scheming. Quiet. Belligerent. Needlessly dramatic. These are all words that could describe Alex. Content to sit in a medical position like genetics or robotics and end up doing no actual work while he thinks up grand schemes, he'll often do just that. While he might be brave, or even bull headed with his schemes, his overall temperament is anything but under the slightest amount of pressure, fumbling tools and dropping instuments in the most delicate of procedures. He's learned and deft, but his ability rests on a tightrope of urgency. Curiously, he claims no known relation to crewmember Alice Devereux...
Joe Ega

Excels at: Engineering, Space Exploration, DWAINE and TermOS, and learning.

Is Terrible at: Not exceedingly bad at much, but definitely not amazing at Medicine, Chemistry, Science, or anything along those lines.

Backstory: Working with the IS-ERI division of the USSP as an engineer for some advanced expeditions, Ega gained a lot of experience with Engineering, Teamwork, and overall life in a environment ready to kill you. Eventually, Joe sustained an injury, and could no longer work in his field officially, so he was drafted to the SS13.  Always helpful, and with a quick wit, Joe is someone you can trust to be a upstanding co-worker any time of the day. 

Things you may know about this character:
  • Thinks lowly of Nanotrasen
  • Wishes to get back to exploring
  • Not fond of Alchohol or Drugs
Things you may not know about this character:
  • Has some wrestling prowess
  • Plays piano
Greatest Achievements:
  • Joining the IS-ERI
  • Reprogramming a station full of rampaging kill-bots to all deactivate if someone came in the room
  • Mastering the twist

Obviously this is subject to change round to round, sometimes I play detective and sometimes I might be a traitor tasked with killing someone, but most of the time this is me. If you see me on destiny, send me a PDA message.

You know what, I can do this too. I don't even play on Destiny. Time for a time warp to 2007 and time to break out the fancy formatting.

<Subject File Successfully Accessed>
<Reminder that viewing personal files without appropriate clearance is considered a felony under NT Space Law and will be handled appropriately>
<Your viewing of this file has been recorded>

Subject Name: Arme F.* McGee

*Records are inconsistent on the middle initial. Subject has reported self under other middle initials before, though "F" is the most commonly reported letter. It is currently unknown what the middle initials stand for. Other recorded initials include: A, G, K, and L.

NT Classification: Interloper.

Subject Gender: Male.

Subject Age: Uncertain. Marked between 20-27 [AGE: YOUNG_ADULT] in internal systems.

Subject Info: Subject is of general concern to NT operating systems due to the large gaps of information that exist. Subject appears to intentionally feed falsified information to NT records whenever possible. As such, subject is to be marked under the Interloper NT classification. Please refer to document file NT_Int_Sec-10_2050_10_10_Class_INTE for more information on how NT regards subjects of such classification.

Only consistency among files are appearance of subject, that of being a male with blonde hair. Evidence suggests that the subject's name is not their birth name, as linguistic examination of their name has shown that "Arme" is either the feminine or plural subjunctive or accusative case form of a word meaning "Poor" in a recently dead language. [LANG: DE] Subject does not appear to have any connection to this language, meaning that it is most likely that they just borrowed the word. Some personnel have suggested that the subject's adopted name is a message for NT, but this is uncertain.

Subject's loyalty to NT is uncertain, but highly suggested to be weak or even in opposition to NT. (See Dialogue File:ARFMCG_111155) The large amount of information obfuscation give by the subject supports this. Subject is deemed at very high risk for defection to the Syndicate and other such legions and as such should be monitored according to standard Interloper security procedures.

Subject has displayed unnerving proficiency in surgical skills and commonly applies for medical positions in NT stations. It is highly recommended to deny these positions, but given the useful nature of these skills and the common medical staff shortages, subject can be permitted to these positions as deemed necessary. It is highly ill-advised for subjects of high-ranking NT stature to willfully submit to non-critical medical operations by the subject, though the subject has not been witnessed performing undesirable operations on NT personnel.

Under recent observations, it has been concluded that subject is at least dangerous when employed as a Staff Assistant. Subject appears to wander the halls of stations when granted such occupations, often doing next to nothing. It is highly recommended to demote subject to this position whenever possible, preferably whenever suspicion by subject can be avoided.

Under standard Interloper procedures, please record and submit any unusual behavior by this subject to appropriate NT authorities.

-File authored by user: UMOS

-Sources from: [RECEIVE HIGHER AUTHORIZATION TO VIEW RAW SOURCES]

-Amended by user[s]: KMOS, YUYUMOS, CPT_COL_S, NT_AUTOCHECKBOT

<Subject File Successfully Closed>
<Logout Initiated>
<Logout Successful>
<Have a good day loyal NT employee!>
<Accessing File>

<Login Required>

<Login Accepted>

Employee Registered Name: Christopher "Oddane" Odd 
Backstory: Christopher Odd was Born on NCHS Sector #3 Of the Nano-Trasen Homing Facility, On NCHS Sector #3, People enjoyed their normal every day lives, but at the cost where you must Learn a Specific talent and you must work in a Nano-Trasen Station Facilty. 
Christopher Odd Focused in the field of Robotics, where he learned how to help construct cyborgs and work do the best of his abilities. He was assigned to construct a New Prototype Artafical Intelligence, Code name: AUTOMATRON. The Artafical's Original Design was but 1 of His many Feats as a roboticist. Now after his hard work he has settled down on Space Station 13.

Agenda: Christopher Odd's many reports from the Nano-Trasen Security team,
Christopher Odd has had many disputes with many other faculty, like getting into a fight at the bar or just plain up doing the Security's Job which none of us like because he's breaking into shit just so he can get at a Syndicate Spy.
One time he went all "Oh There's a CHANGILING AHHHH!," Then he proceeded to beat the living hell out of said Mike Murdock.
Security Over all Status of Christopher Odd: Requires Security Check every two hours.
[font=Arial]
<Rest of File Corrupted>
<Logging Out>
<Nano-Trasen Faculty Files>

[/font]
</ERROR/> RECORD CORRUPT

EMPLOYEE NUMBER: </&%C#%/> KYBER, JILL R.

POSITION: QUANTUM SCIENTIST

YEARS OF SERVICE: </REDACTED/>

CRIMINAL </ERROR/> RECORD: </[T($*W))O]$^&[W(&A^**(RRE(&NTS])(&[FO(&R]&%$[TR(&*E(&*CHA)*&RY]/> 

BORN: AUGUST 12TH 2036

DEGREE IN QUANTUM PHYSICS & CHEMICAL RESEARCH

CREW SURVEY: PLEASANT ATTITUDE, CONFIDENT </[SO)$*M)#*(E)($TIME($*S]$^%&$[AC($*%T$()%S])$$%*&[SUSP$*#%&*IC$)$%I)$(%&OUS]/>