Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMAIL thread
Since the game has a email program you can use to read junk mail and ominous messages, I thought of a few things that might be useful.

Pda notification program, since otherwise the user may have no idea they have emails. (maybe a "Business Pro" cartridge that contains a email notifier, and maybe some other business junk, I don't know)

Address Book with crew, because having to guess email names is no fun.

Maybe a guide in that book vending machine on how to use a computer, if that doesn't already exist since most people either don't know about or use the email program yet.
I used it today to send Dr. Pritchard a poem! It was fun, I approve of the email system and I think it needs to be something people use more often.

Code:
TEST
Fuck you mang;
Im da bass heer
Dis is my turph
if anyone is wondering why the emails even exist -

there is a huge collection of stories and emails and goofy text i have collected from fellow admins and cool players over the last several months, and although it is INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS reformatting them all to work for this, many more will become available over time. hell just the fact that IBM managed to get a mailserver running in byond is pretty wild

some of the pre-round selected emails will contain exploitable, dynamic round-specific information that could be used for mischief. hacking the captain's email will eventually yield a lot of fun things and useful things

it is also an excuse to have computers in a ton of areas, they all have floppy drives on them and this will become a lot more useful as more planned intranet-hacking mischief is introduced

stay tuned basically
Let me hack into the stations door system and You will be my bestmin.
Some e-mail titles (ones that i wrote) look for them on the computers maybe??

SUBJECT: Be safe, Be suspicious!
The Assistants Struggle
SUBJECT: Lower your bills!
SUBJECT: Dear Friend
SUBJECT: Syndicate attack
SUBJECT: The incident yesterday

Most of the admins, and several other players contributed too!
Wait can we suggest our own e-mails in this thread, or should we make another thread for that?
Top Tips to surviving Cogstation.
Ten Tips for improving Your Robusting that Centcom doesn't Want you knowing About! Discovered By an Assistant on your Station!
I AM STILL COLLECTING TEXT. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE FOR OTHER PLAYERS, PM ME YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS.

since it takes fuck all forever to format these goddamn things from plaintext I will attach a sample of how they actually work. // means code comment

Code:
cogwerks03  // datum name
        New()
            ..()
            fields = list ("PUBLIC_NT", // change to QMs when that function is done
        "CARGO", //Workgroup - i don't know what workgroups even do i am dumb
        "[email protected]", //who is it from
        "SUPPLY@NT13", // to- can be all, departments or individuals i think
        "HIGH", // priority
        "MORE SWOLE CAT IN 1 DAY! L@@K!", //subject
        "ANCIENT SECRET TO SWOLE CAT DISCOVERED BY LOCAL MOM!",
      "This is the secret that Nanotrasen doesn't want YOU to know!",
        "Do YOU have a cat? Do people laugh at your pitiful not-so-buff not-so-tuff cat?",
      "They do! We are all laughing.",
        "Stop the laughter today! Make your cat majestic and buff as heck!",
        "Give your cat one dose of ###CONTENT CENSORED-INDIGO7-FLAGGED FOR REVIEW###",
      "and be amazed! Try Free* Sample from FREECATPILLS today! 91% Satisfaction guaranteed!")

basically the email is a list stored inside parentheses, the first couple lines are the header information and the rest is the body of the message. Lines of text are in quotes, put a comma outside to start the next line. "line1", "line2", "line3", and so on. you can't have double quotes used as airquotes in the email or it'll fuck up the code

also yes a doormaster control program is planned, and some emails will eventually contain the ID tag for specific secure doors so you can mess with them remotely if you know how
Cogwerks do you want us to PM you the emails in the code format you just posted, or do you just want the plaintext of it?
i'm probably gonna format a bunch of them into the proper thing so feel free to send them plaintext
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Cogwerks do you want us to PM you the emails in the code format you just posted, or do you just want the plaintext of it?

i will accept plaintext but it will save me a lot of work if you format them as you write them in this format. i don't really know what the hell the mailnet and workgroup do so just do PUBLIC_NT for the net and something like ALL, CIVILIAN, COMMAND, RESEARCH or whatever for the workgroup and i'll worry about those later

("mailnet",
"workgroup",
"sender",
"recipient",
"subject",
"line of text",
"line of text",
"line of text",
"line of text",
"you get the idea",
"so on and so on")
From a brief play around in the radio room, I thought the workgroup was just where certain users were registered based on their jobs? There's even an AI group, I believe. What the point is I don't know though. Maybe an extra layer of identification or something.
The ability to print messages for sharing and placing on posterboards would be nice, because some of the really funny stuff is worth sharing.
getting those PCs to print to the tons of DWAINE-accessed networked printers i put all over the map is planned, yes