Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutadone deleting mutations
So mutadone seems to delete mutations that it removes now, might want to check up on that, because that's exactly what seems to have happened to me just now.
I thought that's what it always did. That's why I tend to activate all of the genes I don't want, mutadone myself, then activate the ones I do.
(03-10-2016, 05:49 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I thought that's what it always did. That's why I tend to activate all of the genes I don't want, mutadone myself, then activate the ones I do.

that seems counterproductive, I mean, removing a portion of your biological makeup doesn't seem like something very healthy, I would think something that's literally ripping your genes out of you would do tox damage or something. Also, it seems like anyone could just stun and cram mutadone down a geneticists throat if they feel a need to remove their natural mutations permanently, I've actually heard about nonantags doing that sometimes.
mutadone is supposed to turn off all your genes, i thought, not delete them outright.
(03-10-2016, 09:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: mutadone is supposed to turn off all your genes, i thought, not delete them outright.

It deletes any active genes, rather than turning them off.
Thats how it's supposed to work.
That's a dumb way for it to work.
It sorta makes sense.

If you punish a nerd by mutadoning them, or forcing them to use mutadone because they got too greedy and their stability has gone to shit, what's stopping them from just using activators to get everything back near instantly?
Even thinking from a geneticist standpoint I think it's better this way; it's cleaner.

If you're using activators only then you're limited by luck. If you're using injectors then it wont matter. It isn't hard to get injectors, or mutation storage, or any of the high-tier research outside of cDNA stuff.

Research goes like this:
Tier 1:
- Radiation Emitter: 80mats, 90secs.
- Gene Sequence Checker: 50mats, 90secs.
- Advanced Mutation Research: 50mats, 90secs, 20muts.
- Biotic Cooling Mechanisms: 150mats, 90secs, muts: Human SMES, Fireres, Coldres.
- Complex DNA Research Efficiency: 50mats, 120secs, muts: Complex DNA.
- Complex DNA Mutation Storage: 50mats, 120secs, muts: Complex DNA.
- Complex Material Storage: 50mats, 120secs, muts: Complex DNA.

Tier 2:
- DNA Injectors: 120mats, 120secs, 20muts, Research: Gene Sequence Checker.
- DNA Reclaimer: 50mats, 120secs, Research: Gene Sequence Checker.
- Radiation Dampeners: 80mats, 180secs, Research: Radiation Emitter.
- Emitter Coolant System: 120mats, 180secs, Research: Radiation Emitter.

Tier 3:
- Mutation Storage: 100mats, 300secs, Research: DNA Reclaimer.
- Precision Radiation Emitters: 150mats, 300secs, Research: Radiation Dampeners, Emitter Coolant System.
- Biotic Radiation Dampeners: 100mats, 250secs, muts: Radioactive, Radres, Research: Radiation Dampeners.
- Improved Material Storage: 125mats, 300secs, Research: DNA Reclaimer.

Tier 4:
- Expanded Mutation Storage: 120mats, 450secs, Research: Mutation Storage.

If you're worried about mutadone darts or something screwing up yer rampage then reinforce it. If you're worried about people smoking genetics because 'lol', then pass out some injectors to people -- especially security or heads. People get quite protective over DNA Santa.