Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armor blocking syringes
I was thinking that full body armor, like industrial space armor, the captains armor, or workbench crafted armor should protect against syringes from syringe guns. I mean you're covered in metal plating, you mean to tell me that syringes are going to get through that 100% of the time? The syringes being blocked doesn't have to be 100%, If a syringe gets through there could be a message that's something like "The syringe pierces a joint in the armor!" What do you think?
This sounds like a smart enough idea, to be honest. Makes a Doctor's job harder but it makes sense as to why.

Emergency auto-injectors should always work, though. Let's just say they can penetrate the armour better!
(03-08-2016, 09:02 AM)Weavel Wrote: This sounds like a smart enough idea, to be honest. Makes a Doctor's job harder but it makes sense as to why.

Emergency auto-injectors should always work, though. Let's just say they can penetrate the armour better!

For that matter things should have bleed resistance, I mean some armor reduces bashing and burn damage, so why not the only other external type of damage? 

And I always imagined the auto injectors to work like https://youtu.be/JKQ-BpO4Gzo?t=1m28s
(03-08-2016, 09:44 AM)poland spring Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 09:02 AM)Weavel Wrote: This sounds like a smart enough idea, to be honest. Makes a Doctor's job harder but it makes sense as to why.

For that matter things should have bleed resistance, I mean some armor reduces bashing and burn damage, so why not the only other external type of damage? 

And I always imagined the auto injectors to work like https://youtu.be/JKQ-BpO4Gzo?t=1m28s

It really is a bit weird that armor doesn't actually protect from bleed at all, I mean that's one of the more annoying damage types in general.
Eh, I think if this is implemented it should also block auto-injectors. There's very little reason not to run around with industrial spacesuits as-is, if you're going to add more features to them they should also come with the logical associated downsides.

Also they can deflect and reduce the damage caused by scalpels and such, so there's your bleed resistance. It's just that once you start bleeding, the armor isn't going to do anything about it - because why would it, it's armor.