Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[FEATURE] Windoor hacking + directional building bugfix {SUPER DUPER READY!!!}
(12-16-2017, 05:38 PM)Triacontakai Wrote: EDIT: the PR says that the entire file was removed and added back, anything I can do to fix that?
Did you remove the file, then commit and then add the file back and commit again? Iirc if you do it all in one commit, github will figure out what goes where.

I am no expert on github-ing, but usually I change the content of a file by, well, going to the file and editing that (by which I mean I copy-paste the entire thing from my 'updated' version in notepad). In my experence, that always works.

Btw, could elaborate on the diagonal bugfix? I was under the impression that diagonal building is the intended method for constructing full-tile winows. If it is not, then what is the correct method?
(12-17-2017, 11:50 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Btw, could elaborate on the diagonal bugfix? I was under the impression that diagonal building is the intended method for constructing full-tile winows. If it is not, then what is the correct method?
Sorry, should've been more specific. If you click a tile diagonal to you and build a thin window through the glass sheet menu, it builds a full window with full tile collision and same properties as normal one. This also fucked with my windoor construction, completely breaking the collision with them. The fix is included in action_controls.dm. I made a bug report thread, I'll link it in a sec

EDIT: Thread: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9719
(09-05-2017, 05:52 PM)Mordent Wrote: I don't think being able to crowbar powered doors closed is a bug. I imagine it's basically giving it a little whack to remind it to auto-close.

I also don't think this is anywhere near enough complexity for opening these - those glass doors are used for surprisingly secure areas, and it comes with no risk. If you want to use the "but there are probably windows around" thing, remember that they likely have grilles that may be electrified. This change would basically mean that glass doors offer zero security.

If it took some time to pry open (i.e. had one of those progress bars) it might be okay, I suppose. Just my two cents, though.

Maybe don't put important stuff behind a thin sheet of glass. It always struck me as absurd that the most secure door on the station is a piece of glass thinner than a regular window. Replace a coupla doors and I can't see a single downside to implementing this.
diff issue fixed, this patch is now 200% ready All Ears
thanks Mordent!!!