Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Securitrons and Guardbuddy handcuffing
So many items seem to flag you for a handcuffing now, like artifacts and flamethrowers.  This makes it difficult to do artifact research and fight blobs.  This might be a new feature or whatever, but they were not this strict back on cog 1.
I think sec officers can actually mess with the settings on the bots to turn off that aspect of them
Flamethrowers -always- flagged you as a perp, and so did gun artifacts.
Swipe a sec access ID card on a security drone and you can disable their weapon check.
Was it initially off on cog 1? I don't recall ever being arrested by securitrons for trying to fight blobs.
I feel like there should be a check to see if there's a mob hostile to players or there's an alert about the blob or kudzu around before deciding to stunbaton and cuff a player. I've gotten mauled by a space bear due to beepsky deciding that me having a phaser to fight it was a bad thing.
(03-06-2016, 09:03 AM)Scrumpys Wrote: Was it initially off on cog 1? I don't recall ever being arrested by securitrons for trying to fight blobs.

I think so? I kinda recall there being a whole thing about contraband added during the map lifecycle. Personally, I think it would be nice if there was some kinda way to turn the feature on and off from the security computers (As well as take things off, or add things to the contraband list, like shoes.)
No, I think flamethrowers were always on the contraband list, even in Cog1. I recall securitrons screwing over several would-be blob fighters on more than one occasion.

I think any form of context-sensitivity on securitrons/buddies would ruin them. They are creatures of simple AI, who rain justice down on both friend and foe. Wouldn't be averse to have some kind of central securitron/buddy computer accessible in sec, though.
This is a feature and has always been a feature.