Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
I'll try and be an internet detective and find some old stuff for the archive. Or maybe some dork could write up about the old chemicals and what replaced them. (Kelotane -> Silver Sulfadiazine)

Marquesas Wrote:Someone update Hypoglycemic to Hyperglycemic please, as it refers to the sugar one. Hyperglycemic is overdose of glucose, while hypoglycemic is very low on blood sugar (probably insulin overdose).
Done.
Marquesas Wrote:Someone update Hypoglycemic to Hyperglycemic please, as it refers to the sugar one. Hyperglycemic is overdose of glucose, while hypoglycemic is very low on blood sugar (probably insulin overdose).
I once pointed this out in Goonsay, mentioning that as a diabetic this was terrible for my immersion, and some horrible admin made a trail of chocolate and sugary drinks follow me around for the next ten minutes frown
Nitrous got a picture of Donut 2. He's a hero. I'd taken it as completely gone after the death of donglabs.

We'll need a page for Donut 1 and Donut 2 to add to the archive now that we have pictures.
More archive stuff has been added. Discontinued jobs and the story behind them. If anyone still remembers the old days please go in and help out if you can.
This may be of use

http://web.archive.org/web/201208241051 ... =Main_Page
I am currently scouring pages for uncatagorized pages and flagging stuff for review or deletion. So far I seen lots of pages with redundant stuff or useless stuff. Some can be combined and some can be deleted.

I leave the deletion to others.
I'm pretty happy with the wiki now, it's in great shape.

One page I want made is 'A history of Space Station 13' which details the history of ss13 (wow), such as it's creation, all the drama and how all the branches such as goon and /tg/ came about. In fact, I think one branch has their own wiki with a page like this?

No cross-server hate on it!
Conor12 Wrote:One page I want made is 'A history of Space Station 13' which details the history of ss13 (wow), such as it's creation, all the drama and how all the branches such as goon and /tg/ came about. !
this sounds super cool and i'd very much like to see it happen, but some problems i see that could probably arise are things such as fact-checking, and verifying information, i suppose blackmailing/interviewing/hustling/talking to old timers and/or having them write some stuff would be a way to make sure stuff written on the page wouldn't be blatant lies.
But this should totally happen.
Would it be cool if I updated the "How to sprite" section, like "Advanced Spriting?"
I'd give a rundown on Opacitys,Gradients,Transparencies,Layers,Filters,Adjustments,Animation,etc.. essentially photoshop stuff, but in spriting form.
It could be of great benefit of people who have photoshop and want to try their hand at spriting, or people who use paint/apple paintbrush to sprite (I did at the start, it was awful and tedious) and encourage them to handle more daunting yet extremely superior software like photoshop.
Note that most of the stuff I write could be applied to GIMP too, free art software.
Sundance Wrote:Would it be cool if I updated the "How to sprite" section, like "Advanced Spriting?"
I'd give a rundown on Opacitys,Gradients,Transparencies,Layers,Filters,Adjustments,Animation,etc.. essentially photoshop stuff, but in spriting form.
It could be of great benefit of people who have photoshop and want to try their hand at spriting, or people who use paint/apple paintbrush to sprite (I did at the start, it was awful and tedious) and encourage them to handle more daunting yet extremely superior software like photoshop.
Note that most of the stuff I write could be applied to GIMP too, free art software.

IMO go nuts, I'm interested in spriting too so I'd appreciate some better base instructions
Daeren Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Would it be cool if I updated the "How to sprite" section, like "Advanced Spriting?"

IMO go nuts, I'm interested in spriting too so I'd appreciate some better base instructions
Yeah, go for it. I use GIMP myself and can hopefully add to it too.
Conor12 Wrote:I'm pretty happy with the wiki now, it's in great shape.

One page I want made is 'A history of Space Station 13' which details the history of ss13 (wow), such as it's creation, all the drama and how all the branches such as goon and /tg/ came about. In fact, I think one branch has their own wiki with a page like this?

No cross-server hate on it!

To do this you might have to get in touch with some of the other server forums and wikis.

It might be a good idea to cite them too so they don't get mad about copying and so corrections can be made.
Not sure what's going on with the Location repository. The individual room maps are kind of redundant if we have Wire's sweet map, but the places still have articles, and it's not clear that the (blurry) picture on the current page takes you to a Gmaps-esque map of the entire station.

I suggest redirecting Location Repository to Category: Locations instead and just plain prettying up that page a bit with a clear link to Wiremap.
Darth Various Wrote:Not sure what's going on

Never mind, smarter people than me did things.
Darth Various Wrote:
Darth Various Wrote:Not sure what's going on

Never mind, smarter people than me did things.
hi that's me I'm a smart guy

I got rid of the redirect and I'll move the link on the main page to go to Wire's map.

Tell me if the front page looks ugly.