Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
We are proud to announce that the goonstation wiki has indeed returned with the new forums

http://wiki.ss13.co/Main_Page

However, as you can no doubt tell from looking at it, we did not manage to copy over the content from donglabs. This puts us in an awkward situation as the wiki there was a document created by dozens of people and taking countless man hours to build.

So, in light of this fresh start we are trying something new. Rather than the edit access to approved users only that we had before, you will find that your new forum account does in fact also allow you to edit the wiki.

What this means is any player registered on this forums can add and edit to the new wiki as they see fit and so I am now asking any interested player with spare time, or any interest in helping out, to help rebuild. Make new pages, edit things, let's make a new, better wiki.

This thread will remain open as a sounding board, if you have an idea for a page or need advice on layout or anything please post post post in here.
In discussion over on something awful someone posted almost my exact idea about the wiki

HunterBlackLuna Wrote:No real clue where to start so I'll just start piling information in as I think of it, really. Even if it's edited to hell or changed completely, at least it's some contribution.

The hard part is getting the content on there in the first place, not getting it in order so please spew your knowledge wherever it lay.
Wiki didn't give me an account. Maybe it threw a shitfit because there's the word "sex" in my name.

:|
Did that.

It's telling me that I didn't provide a "valid username"
I would very much like to help with the WIki frown
I did some work on some pages, added a new page for the Teleporter Lab, yada yada.
Its probably a good thing that we lost all the outdated info from years ago..
Just wrote a full AI tutorial, and I'll probably do more work on it later.
Typed up a wiring guide under "Cables" as well as some minor spelling and clarification touch-ups on various pages.

How do you add pictures to the wiki? I would like to add some visuals to the wiring guide if possible.
Hi, I have made some small pages referring Engineering, Electronics, and the Detective's Office. Not all of the locations have been completed and need alot more work.
Added a portion on antagonists to my AI tutorial.
Ronnyfire Wrote:Typed up a wiring guide under "Cables" as well as some minor spelling and clarification touch-ups on various pages.

How do you add pictures to the wiki? I would like to add some visuals to the wiring guide if possible.

When on the create/edit a new page, click upload on the toolbox on the left. It's not there unless you're editing/uploading I believe.
Wrote up a spell guide and a guide to wizards, linked it through the wizard page. Somebody who gets wizard more often should go over and make sure I got everything right, and should consider adding the recharge times to the spells. I can't remember those off the top of my head.
If someone with page delete privileges could check the Candidates for deletion page I'd appreciate it. I tagged a bunch of junk yesterday that's been merged or is otherwise old and useless now.
Vaelorous Wrote:
Ronnyfire Wrote:Typed up a wiring guide under "Cables" as well as some minor spelling and clarification touch-ups on various pages.

When on the create/edit a new page, click upload on the toolbox on the left. It's not there unless you're editing/uploading I believe.
Indeed.
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Special:Upload

There are red links everywhere. I'll mostly be creating new pages and I'll mention anything I need help with in the summary.