Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Ok umm the assistant guide has been switched between the two guides about six times, could an admin please clarify on which guide should be used?
The middle one. We have to keep switching or the world will explode.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Ok umm the assistant guide has been switched between the two guides about six times, could an admin please clarify on which guide should be used?
Frontline, I personally support your guide, and if Dunnoman is going to keep being shitty and posting his stupid signed, player glorifying, "here's how to grief hurr hurr" one then he's just being a dick.
Well it not my guide its just the one we have been using however Dunnoman keeps asserting the admins on IRC told him to replace it so I have no clue which one to use.
The wiki is supposed to be a helpful source of information for new players. If you're brand new to the game and see something on the "official server wiki" telling you to kill everyone you see, you're probably going to do that. New players have no context; for all they know Space Station 13 might be pure deathmatch.

It's dumb to have something on the wiki - especially something like the Assistant page - explicitly telling people to grief. The people who would actually look to that page for information are the exact ones who would be fooled by it.
hello I would like to propose the following compromise

the old boring staff assistant page remains the main one
the new staff assistant page is renamed "Staff Assistant Survival Guide"

at the top of the main staff assistant page is a link to the guide:
"Check out the Staff Assistant Survival Guide for advanced tips & tricks."

at the top of the staff assistant survival guide page is a disclaimer along the lines of
"Please use this information responsibly. No one likes a random griefer."
Ok, that's perfect
I approve of this.
cogmap transition project, czech it out yall

http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Co ... te_project
I just wanted to mention that if anyone wants to spend some time on the wiki, a lot of pages need to be updated regarding new features and we also dont have a guide on how to build pods. QM is also outdated and needs a new picture and guide to explain why you shouldnt order twenty million crates at once
it's in the post literally above yours!!
I flagged the QM earlier, more as a mental note as I was at work. I'm probably going to look at a few that need updating over the weekend, though I'll be running SS13 off a shitty laptop and I have a feeling anything I do will be immediately outdated when the new map rolls out!
I updated the wiki to reflect the chaplain's lost spell immunity.

Somebody who has rolled wizard recently needs to head over to the Guide to Wizard and add their new spells to the list. I know there's a skeleton-creating one and a lightning beam one (although that lightning one might just have been under testing in VR, I've never seen a real wizard use it).
I'm looking to edit the Guide to Genetics page because I recently noticed that powers now activate at some point below the listed DB*, was wondering if somebody knew what it was?
actually I may have been looking at this wrong. maybe it's just that powers can activate at a certain randomized point past 803, but no higher than DB*. if that's the case, disregard. in any case, I witnessed hulk activate at some point below D** but above C** and then got all worked up about it.
Is the Horrible Pubbies page a duplicate of the Dumb Pubbies page? What's the difference? Renaming dumb pubbies to "horribly dumb pubbies" is an alternate solution.