Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
Writing in long prose style makes it harder for others to contribute, especially if they want to offer a contradictory opinion on a piece of advice. I think it's okay for the 'Guide to' pages to be a little dense as long as the basic page for that job/traitor role has all important basic info in real easy to read info.

Basically my thinking is, on the first round that you are a changeling/miner/wizard/whatever, do you really want to have to go braindead in-game for the 10 minutes to read through and process the wiki info?
the mining guide is back up in its glory and I think has all the relevant information, just lacking images
did we lose the ability to embed youtube videos. this is catastrophic.
mozi Wrote:did we lose the ability to embed youtube videos. this is catastrophic.
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Hats

I guess you could add a picture, link it and add the details on the side.

THIS IS CATASTROPHIC.
it would be neat if someone with access to the files posted a more updated station map, and a map of the Mining Outpost would be nice too. thanks
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Loc...Repository

We should have all the locations added to the wiki soon, with pictures.

And I love the supplementary videos, please add youtube video embedding again if possible.
What about sensitive information, Like exact details on making an 11x11 bomb, or using the teleporter to teleport those bombs.
Should we explain in the wikia on how to do these things, Or give vague hints on how.
MrMaples Wrote:What about sensitive information, Like exact details on making an 11x11 bomb, or using the teleporter to teleport those bombs.
Should we explain in the wikia on how to do these things, Or give vague hints on how.
This information is definitely best learned in game, but maybe hinted at the possibility of doing so.
the current toxins page gives information how to mix gas and how to heat it, as well as pointing out that bombs are made by combining gas, I think that leaves enough room for people to experiment

same with the telelab, it tells how to use it without saying "here is a list of coordinates of stuff to steal"
Currently the wikia is vague enough, But we should lay down some rules, and then sticky the rules for the players to follow well making the wikia.
remaining stuff:
  • need a pic of the mining outpost
  • the artlab page is shit cause I don't remember anything about it
  • there was also a nice botany guide that listed all the plants and their growth times etc., that would be cool if it could be recovered
  • the ability to embed youtubes c'moooon
  • maybe a link on the main page to the community category which has the pubbie tears page etc.
The directions for flamethrower are missing, but I'm debating on whether or not I should even submit them, that along with pipe bombs.

The only good reason for flamethrower is kudzu removal.
atomic1fire Wrote:The directions for flamethrower are missing, but I'm debating on whether or not I should even submit them, that along with pipe bombs.

The only good reason for flamethrower is kudzu removal.
Not even that, flamethrowers are a but out of the way to fight kudzu, considering the other items which chop it down easily.
flamethrowers arent very deadly, plus you need to have access to toxins storage or at least a plasma canister to make them work decently

does anyone know the recipe for a suicide vest, by the way? i heard you can't make them anymore but i'm still curious