Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
A furnace engine is still more or less the same; just with a few more valves.

You need to open up the cold loop main, the hot loop main and the combustion chamber bypass ("hot loop inlet") valve. Then you load up the furnaces and fire them up. Then you drag two plasma canns into the engine core. You wrench one onto the southern hot loop aux port, and the other onto the southern cold loop aux port. Then you open up both of those aux ports. Then you set up both SMES/PSUs in the control room to 200k/200k once the engine output passes 600kw (or whenever they will stay 'Online'). The engine will actually pass into one of the panic phases (engine monitor graphics), peak, then fall off over time. Keeping the furnaces stuffed, especially with plasma ores or something, will keep the output high. Not that it's needed.
A note: as with the forum migration, the wiki is being migrated (and updated) too. Speak up now for additional features you would like to see.
Wire Wrote:A note: as with the forum migration, the wiki is being migrated (and updated) too. Speak up now for additional features you would like to see.

When is the migration happening?
Wire Wrote:A note: as with the forum migration, the wiki is being migrated (and updated) too. Speak up now for additional features you would like to see.
Something that might be neat is some kind of thing that let's you play around with ingame things in a simple little simulation test beds. For example, mixing a limited amount of chemicals to see how they react, or changing gas compositions in a recreation of the stations engine.

Something that gives you an idea about the concept of the system while still requiring you to mess around in game for a better understanding.
Ed Venture Wrote:

When is the migration happening?

Honestly, whenever it's done. That is to say, it's a bit of an annoying task getting the stuff converted and everything playing nicely, so we're kinda just working on it in bursts throughout the week.
add support for markdown to the wiki pls.
Okay so Wire graciously updated both Destiny and Cogmap2 on Goonhub. I'll be slowly adding destiny to the maps list and updating cogmap2 images as needed.
It would be great if any other wiki contributors or anyone really gave their input on how we are to standardize directions and terms across the wiki for the maps. The Talk Page is here. Else, I guess I'll just go ahead and fix the directions and change them how I proposed there.
Personally I really don't give a HOOT either way, but I was digging through some old changelogs searching to figure out when clown was added and discovered two things that would probably be bannable now.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Changelog#June_2009

Saturday, June 27th, 2009
  • Pipe construction now works completely. //Nannek
  • Many many other things that never gets recorded in the changelog!!
  • The Michael Jackson Memorial Changelog Update
  • Pipe filters adjusted for more ideal environmentals //Pantaloons
  • Added in job tracking //Showtime
  • Crew Manifest and Security Records now automagically update when someone joins //Nannek
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes you get a screwdriver stuck in your hand //Pantaloons
  • Flamethrowers can now be disassembled //Pantaloons
  • OBJECTION! Added suits and briefcases //stuntwaffle
  • Added automatic brig lockers //Nannek
  • Added brig door control authorization and redid brig layout //Nannek
  • Emergency toolboxes now have radios and flashlights, and mechanical toolboxes now have crowbars //Pantaloons
  • New whisper system //lallander
  • Some more gay fixes //everybody
  • Some really cool fixes //everybody
  • Really boring code cleanup //Pantaloons
  • ~~In Loving Memory of MJ~~ Sham on!
Friday, June 12th, 2009
  • Looking back through the SVN commit log, I spy...
  • Keelin doing some more performance enhancements
  • Fixed one person being all 3 revs at once (hopefully)
  • Some gay fixes
  • New admin system installed
  • Fixed a bug where mass drivers could be used to crash the server
  • Various pipe changes and fixes

I don't really feel nerd rage over it, but I figured I'd mention the fact that the changelog is probably breaking a rule that probably didn't exist in 2009. Take it either as funny or be offended by it, but if it's that huge an issue I'd say move anything older then say 2012 to a different page with a disclaimer. I think deleting the whole thing over two instances of a word would be rather silly but It's not my call.

Also If anything it's worth keeping just because SHAM ON
There's a handful of archaic bits and bobs like that throughout the wiki. The dumb pubbies and pubbie tears sections have some things like that, though I swear I remember an actual useful article somewhere having an odd reference or something like that.
the times they are a-changin
How do I change my profile picture?
(05-12-2016, 08:02 AM)Smugman420 Wrote: How do I change my profile picture?

On the fourms you don't. You go to a thread called "Post in here and get a avatar" and hope a admin takes mercy and gives you something
Nothing major, but all the links to the SS13 art thread in http://wiki.ss13.co/Fan_Art are broken thanks to the new wiki.
I could probably fix the links but that would take me - oh god too much time, nobody has that much time.
Best option would be to just link the art thread at the top me thinks.