Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Goonstation Wiki
Should be able to see the pages now.

Try a hard refresh if you still can't. (Ctrl + F5 on Windows)
Idea for the rules page. Add a tidbit about "Admins may use previous bans from Non-LLJK servers when factoring in unban appeals. If you want to prove you aren't awful here, avoid bans in other places".
atomic1fire Wrote:Idea for the rules page. Add a tidbit about "Admins may use previous bans from Non-LLJK servers when factoring in unban appeals. If you want to prove you aren't awful here, avoid bans in other places".
I've been wanting to mention this, there's a section that specifically says "If it didn't happen here we don't care about it" or something, and while that's good for things like not wanting admins to play internet detective and try to dig up somebody's internet history to shit on them, it makes sense that other servers bans would apply given that they're actually related. That should really be made more clear.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Idea for the rules page. Add a tidbit about "Admins may use previous bans from Non-LLJK servers when factoring in unban appeals. If you want to prove you aren't awful here, avoid bans in other places".
I've been wanting to mention this, there's a section that specifically says "If it didn't happen here we don't care about it" or something, and while that's good for things like not wanting admins to play internet detective and try to dig up somebody's internet history to shit on them, it makes sense that other servers bans would apply given that they're actually related. That should really be made more clear.
Eh yeah. I suppose I agree. I mean if you actually ARE going to be using bans on other servers or calling in admins from other servers to talk about someone who was banned on goon maybe you guys should change it.
Quote:Don't import drama
Admins may coordinate with the server staff of non-Goonstation SS13 servers and factor in previous bans made there when judging unban appeals on our own forum, but that's the only exception. We don't care about what people do on the internet outside of SS13, and we don't WANT to know. Harassing someone in-game, on the forums, or in IRC about things they do or say outside of it is terrible. If it didn't happen in SS13, then it didn't happen as far as we're concerned.

Looks like it's taken care of now.
atomic1fire Wrote:
Admins may coordinate with the server staff of non-Goonstation SS13 servers and factor in previous bans made there when judging unban appeals on our own forum, but that's the only exception. We don't care about what people do on the internet outside of SS13, and we don't WANT to know. Harassing someone in-game, on the forums, or in IRC about things they do or say outside of it is terrible. If it didn't happen in SS13, then it didn't happen as far as we're concerned.

This seems to still need adjusting.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:

This seems to still need adjusting.
To clarify, I'm not arguing that this -should- be stuck to by the word but isn't. I think we should just make it more clear that if you're a shitbag and, like wonk said on that unban appeal recently, "can't just turn it off/on depending on the community", that this is null and void.
On the chemistry page, the recipe for colorful reagent has Stabilizing Agent in parenthesis, even though it isn't optional.
The wiki should probably be updated for cogmap 2 and maybe destiny.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Guide_to_Being_Robust#Space_walking doesn't really apply as much because there's no super shortcut like QM-Disposals.

There's one that goes past bridge, and if you're feeling particularly bored you can travel between the various parts with the catwalks, but most of the good shortcuts are restricted to engineers now.
Are there any parts of the wiki that need some work? Other than the map stuff, I'd be up for taking a look at it and trying to work on some stuff.
Zamujasa Wrote:Are there any parts of the wiki that need some work? Other than the map stuff, I'd be up for taking a look at it and trying to work on some stuff.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Nuclear_Operative
This page might need a touching up for cogmap2.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Engine
Most of this page needs to be redone really, could fall under map stuff though.
Is there a full resolution image or screen-shot of the whole station that can be used to make new pictograms for the rooms and sectors?
The Grim Sleeper Wrote:Is there a full resolution image or screen-shot of the whole station that can be used to make new pictograms for the rooms and sectors?

Warning: Large File Size
9600x9600 each

Destiny
Cogmap2
And BOOM! New pictures for ALL THE DAMN ROOMS!!!
But now I am fried, so I'll leave it to the wiki magic to update all the links and copy the content.
I would like to see the 'maintenance information' section added to all rooms, so people will actually have a clue as to how to remedy things when somebody blows a hole in a sector.
Sometimes all that is needed to save the station is closing a valve, but then nobody knows which one.
I've added a new image (with numbers) to the new powering the station page (thank you user: ‎A4brogan), but I haven't actually successfully started this beast yet. So somebody else will have to write the start guide, preferably with specific notes as to how easily you can cause a bug that renders the whole engine useless and how to prevent/fix that bug.
(I can't count the number of times I've tried only for the engine to stall before ever reaching 1 mWatt frown )