Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Merge Catering Jobs
Rainbow 
Please don't get shocked at this thought seeing how it's nothing new. The chemist job has already left the station in this manner. I fully believed cogwerks would do this with the move to cogmap2, but I guess I was wrong.

With the exception of barman I don't think the catering professions are fun enough to exist on their own. The chef and botanists are too dependent on each other to live apart and not have access to each job's tools. I mean it's true that they have the potential to be fun on their own if some coders add a whole bunch of cool stuff to strive for, but it's been an awfully long time and the jobs have stagnated.
a frog saying "get out"
If nothing else, the traitor-specific items each of those jobs get make a strong case for them staying separate. I would be sad to see them go.

As for non-traitor rounds? With a decently busy bar, I find doing any one of those jobs is often enough to occupy me for the majority of most rounds. Access to each other's respective areas might be good, but as for them actually being merged into a single jobtype, I'd prefer not.
Some jobs may not be as important but they are still fun. It's the reason mailman is still a thing and shows up from time to time.
Please no. Sure, it would be nice for botany and chefs to cooperate more, but if it really bothers you just ask for a upgraded ID or break into botany. If you get people interested in your food, the chef job is already hectic enough and requires your full attention.
Communication is key. Chefs almost always get what they ask for when a botanist exists. That said, the chef has access to botany storage. Giving them access to flour and sugar seeds wouldn't really hurt. It just saves them a trip to the russian sat.
According to this thread mutual access is probably the way to go.
(03-06-2016, 08:23 AM)Density Wrote: According to this thread mutual access is probably the way to go.

That doesn't sound so bad, considering Chef and Bartender already share a living quarters room. As long as there are certain storage containers that they can't get into without the proper ID