Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Janitors are the Best
Yeah, not the best of ideas...

Buuut, one idea that gained massive support in another janitor thread is the ability to toggle cleaning on the Buff-R-Matic, so you don't just waste the space cleaner and water (or space lube if you're pulling a prank) in the holding tank as you're driving somewhere. However, the Buff-R-Matic should be slower, since it should only be used for extreme messes.

[I will be making everything from this point to the rest of the post its own thread, and I'll develop the idea more]

Another idea would just be the station naturally getting dirty as people walked everywhere. Boots and shoes would get covered in dirt and dust and leave some dirt and grime here and there. If a food item is dropped onto the floor it'll leave a little mess that must be mopped or sprayed. Also, drinks and other reagents should stay on the floor, so they have to be cleaned up. For example, someone spills a beaker and it spews out that red liquid everywhere, it should leave red stains on the floor that can be mopped up. The station constantly being dirty would always have something for the janitor to do, as in some rounds I find that on Server 1 I rarely have anything to do for several hours.

A more complete list of messes and their sources:
  • Bloodstains - Pretty fuckin' obvious, isn't it?
  • Vomit - Ditto
  • Piss - Once again, Ditto
  • Chemical spills - Incompetent chemists
  • Biohazardous waste - Any bodily fluids, body parts, or anything covered in disease
  • Grimy walls and floors - Caused by people walking around the station and not cleaning their clothes (their shoes and clothes should regularly get dirty)
Please, feel free to add any suggestions to this! (Also if this post should be an entire thread in of itself, let me know)

Also, janitors should have laundry duty. Clothes could get dirty over time and caused slower movements, dirt and grime appearing on the sprite, inspecting a person wearing them to have negative text, etc. This would be best implemented on LLJK1, as LLJK2 is much more chaos based, and LLJK1 is more RP based. There would be a new laundry room, and clothes cannot simply be washed in a sink, except for shoes, gloves, and maybe a few other exceptions. The crew would give the janitor their dirty clothes, wear some spares from a closet or safe, and get their clothes back when it's done. This could work similar to Prison Architect as well, where the crew leave their dirty clothes on their beds and the Janitor goes around collecting the dirty clothes into laundry bins (The beds and clothes are labelled to their owners), and they are washed in laundry machines. Space Cleaner or detergent or ammonia must be put into the washing machine for it to clean clothes. Then they must be dried, lest the crew complain of wet clothes (slow movement, insulated to heat, weak to cold, the chat log telling them that the clothes are incredibly uncomfortable).

Final note: Dirty clothes, environments, people, etc. should lead to health issues. Mainly disease, such as the common cold, pneumonia, TB, the flu, and very rarely life threatening diseases. As well as flavor text which constantly says how filthy your clothes are, unless you have a trait that makes you apathetic to dirtiness.

Sorry for the long post.
TL;DR, station, clothes, and people naturally get messy and the janitor must clean the clothes and station more.
walking in a puddle of reagents with no shoes should instantly trigger its TOUCH reaction on you
this includes stealing everyone's shoes and coating the floor in ants/napalm