Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Janitors are the Best
Need I say more? Boogiebot

Sooo, cutting straight to the point:

I'd like to see trash bags for the janitor. They could be attached to the mop bucket (like the real life custodial carts) so you can toss trash in them as you're cleaning and remove/replace them once the bag is full. Filling the bags too much or throwing them around has a chance to rip the bag scattering trash all over the floor. Maybe chop up bodies and be able to throw them in there too?

In addition, being able to stack wet floor signs on the cart would be a huge benefit. As of now, anyone intent on doing their job has to take up half of their inventory with wet floor signs.
i really like this

and to springboard off this idea, there should be an item for the janitor that allows for the replacing of broken light tubes quickly with new ones
Other janitor items:

Vacuum cleaner: Basically like the handheld miner ore scoop. Sucks up small items on the floor, filling detachable bags. Also ghosts

Push Broom: When held in hand, pushes everything loose on the floor forward
(03-01-2016, 02:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i really like this

and to springboard off this idea, there should be an item for the janitor that allows for the replacing of broken light tubes quickly with new ones

Even quicker than clicking on an old tube/bulb with a new one? .... LIGHTBULB GUN!! Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

A trashbag would be nice. Have it accept things like gibs, food, and scrap. It could be low volume to not out-do the produce satchel. I think they could actually be maint-available like mousetraps instead of Janitor only.

Erik's suggestion for click-drag refilling the buffer would also be nice.

On a side note: I only mop with the finest of chocolate. Water is for slips only, and works better in a spraybottle. Hmph!
(03-01-2016, 02:57 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: A trashbag would be nice. Have it accept things like gibs, food, and scrap. It could be low volume to not out-do the produce satchel. I think they could actually be maint-available like mousetraps instead of Janitor only.

Yes!  A new punishment for unruly assistants!
How about a "Biohazardous Material Collector" That is deployed like a re-usable grenade. If it detects blood/piss/Vomit in its sight, it will activate and remove it from the floor, filter out moisture, and produce a tiny little baggy of the now solid reagents. The reagent pouches then can be dissolved by a botanist/medic/chef for whatever the chemicals are needed for.

It'd help the janitor synergize with multiple departments (Botany uses urine for ammonia, Chef uses vomit for cheese, and blood is all kinds of useful for medical), and could be used for all kinds of horrifying forms of murder when emagged ( sucks the fluids straight out of stunned or KO'd Crewmembers, for example)!
All of this custodian love brings a tear to my eye. :911:
(03-01-2016, 02:57 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: A trashbag would be nice. Have it accept things like gibs, food, and scrap. It could be low volume to not out-do the produce satchel. I think they could actually be maint-available like mousetraps instead of Janitor only.

You should definitely be able to click on a garbage chute and dump it in! Kinda like a produce satchel and chutes as well. You should be able to wear it on your head and take oxygen damage, maybe even cut it into a cape so you can be baetmen?
(03-02-2016, 10:47 AM)zewaka Wrote: ... You should be able to wear it on your head and take oxygen damage ...

Oh my! A new way to murder people. It hadn't occurred to me at all.

This is a garbage bag.
Potential choking hazard. Please keep out of reach of staff assistants.

(03-01-2016, 03:21 PM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: Yes!  A new punishment for unruly assistants!

I'm imagining chain gangs all dressed in orange and picking up garbage around the station while a sec officer stands guard.
(03-02-2016, 11:11 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: chain gangs

hrm
Janitor Revamp 2: Viscera Cleanup Boogaloo
By which I mean yes I like all of these ideas, bags, brooms, vacuums
It lends legitimacy to space janitor life, and also means more prioritizing in the backpack
A special janitor "gun" of sorts that functions exactly like a flame thrower. However, it only accepts approved reagents unless emagged, and can't produce a flame. Uses a special tank for its chemicals. So basically, fill it with water and some space cleaner and bam, ya got instant cleaning. It's what I do with the flamethrower. Well, when beepsky doesn't go apeshit on me for having one, anyways...

Though, I'm not 100% in favor of this idea, since it's VERY powerful. Maybe a very small holding tank, like 50 units, would compensate. Only used for massive messes.
(10-19-2016, 06:14 PM)aft2001 Wrote: A special janitor "gun" of sorts that functions exactly like a flame thrower. However, it only accepts approved reagents unless emagged, and can't produce a flame. Uses a special tank for its chemicals. So basically, fill it with water and some space cleaner and bam, ya got instant cleaning. It's what I do with the flamethrower. Well, when beepsky doesn't go apeshit on me for having one, anyways...

Though, I'm not 100% in favor of this idea, since it's VERY powerful. Maybe a very small holding tank, like 50 units, would compensate. Only used for massive messes.
That's called a spray-bottle.
Yeeeaaah good point. Well um, still, it's cool to wield a flamethrower. And use it to clean. And only that.
(10-20-2016, 05:32 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Yeeeaaah good point. Well um, still, it's cool to wield a flamethrower. And use it to clean. And only that.

You can probably put cleaning chems in the flamethrower and have exactly what you're asking for.