Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katana Traitor Item
It's a good idea because it's a horrible idea. Every man has a fedora in his heart, just waiting to iaijutsu itself into the open.
katanas would be hilarious.
(03-02-2016, 04:57 PM)Somepotato Wrote: katanas would be hilarious.

I can finally live out my naruto x spacemen anime fantasy! Love eyes
MADE WITH ATARI HAZNO STEEL

I really have nothing better to add to thread other then a kill bill joke and a yes to swords.

I'm in support of more craftable things in general, especially since it will probably end up in the hands of a dedicated staff assistant.
I don't even like katanas (people get way too worked up over how 'amazing' they are) and I think this would be awesome. I hope that every swing has a small chance for the wielder to shout a horrible catchphrase.
Aren't Claymores in the game already? 

More craftables yes do it
workbenches need to not be useless gogogogo
also shitty floortile plate armor
(03-02-2016, 01:28 PM)Arborinus Wrote: That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Cyalume Saber" bullshit that's going on in the SS13 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Space Japan for 2,400,000 Nuyen (that's about 20,000 credits) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid mauxite with my katana.
Space Japanese smiths spend light-years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to space mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as Syndicate sabers and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a c-saber can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a drunk captain wearing full captain's armor with a simple click.
Ever wonder why the Syndicate never bothered conquering Space Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Space Samurai and their space katanas of destruction. Even in World War 72, Nanotrasen soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

Please make this entire write-up the description when examining a katana.
Arborinus dammn thanks dude!, and thanks for everyone else supporting this thread!
(03-02-2016, 10:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Aren't Claymores in the game already? 

Nah, I just varedit butcher's knives with a sprite I drew.
needs more swords, period
I want a damn claymore, then we can have true highlander rounds.
So this is a good idea i guess'
It could also have a "Spell", with a cooldown, that would allow you to play the Wendigo's mauling animation but it would instead remove all of your victim's limbs about 5 seconds after the animation ended.
this post needs to go to good ideas.