Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katana Traitor Item
Have some patience.

Stuff moves at weird paces with coders. Some things can suddenly appear in game in a day or two and others weeks or months.

Judging from the recent shenanigans in trying to end lag recently the coders seem to have their hands full with the strange headache that is byond and lag.
This would be a great opportunity for you (or somebody else) to learn how to code! :downs:

No really. You already have a good sprite. You could more or less just copy something from misc_weapons and alter it a little. Not exactly 'coding' but it might be fun? Granted, you'd have to actually think about balance and making it worthwhile -- and if you wanted it for a traitor item you'd have to work in syndicate_buylist.

Even then it might get ignored because, well, this is an idea that's so bad that it's good. Admins might have better sense than us! (HEH.jpg)
If no one else gets around to this, i'll try my hand at making it with some of the ideas in this thread using the very little script knowledge I have. Katanas sound fun, especially when you shout dumb catch-phrases with them.
I never said I was good at putting stuff together

NINJA EDIT: I still want someone to come up with a better version if you have time. Thanks. <3
(03-15-2016, 08:06 PM)robertmanbob Wrote: I never said I was good at putting stuff together

NINJA EDIT: I still want someone to come up with a better version if you have time. Thanks. <3

Aw, you changed the description a little. Light-years was intentional!  :heysexy:
(03-16-2016, 06:40 PM)Arborinus Wrote:
(03-15-2016, 08:06 PM)robertmanbob Wrote: I never said I was good at putting stuff together

Aw, you changed the description a little. Light-years was intentional!  :heysexy:

Fixed it!
katana should deflect physical bullet

or cut bullet into 2 smaller bullet that both impact the wielder

and it should cause tons of gibs to spill out of someone if they are cut in the belly, and behead them if they are cut in the head, and it should cut thru airlocks and grilles and windows and walls and reinforced walls, and cut open crates, and cut open cyborg head compartment, and absorb souls for more cutting power
(03-19-2016, 06:07 AM)misto Wrote: or cut bullet into 2 smaller bullet that both impact the wielder

this is hilarious and should be added to the patch, because imagining a traitor getting shot double amount of times for his trouble is amusing

everything else in the idea hurts and I hope it was sarcasm
maybe it could be a revisiting of the green artistic toolbox concept - growing ever hungrier and more powerful but at the risk of it becoming so hungry for souls/blood/bodies/whatever that it consumes its owner

the relevant code could be attached to cursed artifact weapons of any sort, rather than just a katana. some cursed haunted star trek batleth shit maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml4wAnvfM4M

this music plays when you pick it up
Yea, the katana definitely haves to be in the game, imagine how fun it would be, slashing everything on the station on the katana, all of your ideas are good as well guys.
We need to keep this up! its a good idea!
dammit i just hae to keep this post alive, because i really want it
When I first saw this thread I thought: wow this idea is fucking garbage and dumb as hell.

Now, I dunno how long after that, I think this: this idea is the greatest ever, why did we ignore it. WHY!?
still needs a fedora interaction, but done