Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katana Traitor Item
Basicly, mostly all traitor items are range, and there are some meele, like csaber, but i've never seen a meele which is like, made out of natural resources, so i am here suggesting you to add, the traitor katana item, it do be cool because its kinda like a csaber, but less damage then csaber, and more speed the katana haves, it would like, cost 6 or 7 telecrystals,
and with the katana, i think it would make servers even more fun, the traitors will get more ideas to makes traitor gimmick roles, like deadpool, i love that one, or an ninja assasin, or a samurai, or chinese terrorist, alot of stuff, the katana sling sound would sound good, i suppose, and i bet very much of people would use it.  i'd imagine a katana guy vs csaber guy. would be a cutlass fight.

Mike Murdock attacks Unknown in the chest with the Katana!
Unknown gasps
Unknown moans
Unknown gasps
Yes we have the fedora and the trench coat. Give us this so I can be the weeaboo warrior
[Image: kwpaBO9.gif]
(02-29-2016, 08:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yes we have the fedora and the trench coat. Give us this so I can be the weeaboo warrior

Yes. Now I can scream and act anime at the same time.

Give it some little benefit over the c-saber / comparison. Like, it costs less, but that's because you can't fit it in your pocket. Maybe also have it so it can't fit in a backpack, but for some reason can be carried on the backpack slot itself.
(02-29-2016, 08:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yes we have the fedora and the trench coat. Give us this so I can be the weeaboo warrior

That.. haha. That almost makes me want it. Damnit, Ed.

Each katana box comes with it's own uguu mask, which you must wear at all times. It also comes with a sheath you'll never use! All of this for 14.95. What a deal. What a steal!
(02-29-2016, 09:57 PM)Vitatrol Wrote: That.. haha. That almost makes me want it. Damnit, Ed.

Each katana box comes with it's own uguu mask, which you must wear at all times. It also comes with a sheath you'll never use! All of this for 14.95. What a deal. What a steal!

Make it so you can only sheathe if you draw blood, like the TF2 katana.

And also have it supergib you if you wear the manly fedora with it at any time.

On a serious note, swords might be something worth considering as something craftable with materials science. Just have it where any sword you make with inferior materials (pretty much anything except the rarer harder substance like uqill) very likely to dull or shatter quickly
Cheesy flavor text would be great with those.
I don't actually see this as a traitor item, just a gimmick fake or not-so-good weapon that would be used just for ridiculous flavor text when used in combination with a fedora or something.

Can only fit on your belt slot, makes some metallic unsheathing sound when taken out, makes the user say edgy things, like when using the bowling ball.

*unsheathe katana*
*slices you in two*
tshh, nothin' personal, kid

Good admin spawned weapon
The katana should also shatter instantly the moment it hits anything remotely hard, like armour or a borg.
Also have it spawn with a name chosen from a bunch of random anime sword names if its a syndicate item.
Well make the katana fit in the back, or funny pack or belt.
[Image: ZN5B0b6.png][Image: Tiakzsd.png][Image: KWIH4dQ.png]

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Cyalume Saber" bullshit that's going on in the SS13 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Space Japan for 2,400,000 Nuyen (that's about 20,000 credits) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid mauxite with my katana.
Space Japanese smiths spend light-years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to space mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as Syndicate sabers and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a c-saber can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a drunk captain wearing full captain's armor with a simple click.
Ever wonder why the Syndicate never bothered conquering Space Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Space Samurai and their space katanas of destruction. Even in World War 72, Nanotrasen soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that space has ever seen, and thus, require a sprite and an in-game item.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44nkrfaineriu9...a.dmi?dl=0

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Space Katanas in real space, don't you think?
tl;dr = Katanas need to be in SS13, see my new sprite.
This really needs to be a thing
Would go well with the yellow track suit
The longer this thread goes on the more I'm convinced this is a great idea