Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Bomb Testing Electric Boogaloo
Research is lacking a way to test canister bombs and other non-vr compatible bombs, so thus my shitty suggestion for a space bomb testing facility.

[Image: QqLL4Ec.png]

The idea is simple, the diner z-level, or another z-level contains a space-bomb-testing facility, which consists of a large pad, and a small shuttle which holds the machinery and equipment for bomb testing.

1. You move your bomb onto the pad.
  2. You set it's timer.
  3. You go inside the shuttle.
  4. You wait for it to go BOOM.
  5. You recieve a nice report with it's devestation and such.
Another possibility is to bring in the off-station test chamber that was initially planned for Cog2. It would be able to fill the same roll, though might get in the way of anyone planning to use the chamber for other stuff.

Actually, regardless of bomb-testing, just bring the off-station test chamber back.

I'm fine with both possibilities if it means I don't need to blow up the diner anymore.
I'd like direct feedback like explosion force and whatnot. No guessing, no muss, no fuss.

Another solution could be to just use the VR area as a testing zone. 'Scan' the bomb/beaker/grenade/etc, which basically just copy and pastes the item into the VR area, then set it off the normal way. A little area near the center could be made bombproof with a few info-logging instruments and a suicide button. The instruments could give info like explosions force, number of explosions, etc. Having invincible test dummies littered throughout the area that gauged damage (Basically giving a medscanner readout) would be a huge bonus for smaller tests.

In any case, it would be nice to not HAVE to explode z3 (or wait to) when testing some of these things early-round.
Thoughts on location:
We have a wiz shuttle in one corner, and an outpost in another. We could stuff this in a corner, put a womhole beacon on it, and add a teleport destination from the teleporter near the bridge.
A general space test chamber for research might be nice. There's always fun things you can do with a big empty room out in space.
What if the VR testing area just accepted any type of bomb?
That'd work, but the VR room would need to be much larger. Also, if VR is the case, please have it so the igniter for canister bombs doesn't actually have to be attached to the canister, so it'd be much easier to test different canister combos, since you can't remove igniters once they're attached.