Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using the genetics console crashes client
Whenever I go to the "Finished Research" or "Research in Progress" screens with the genetics console, or those screens are open and I click on the console I get the following error:
[Image: 8b15ea7faa.jpg]
The client becomes unresponsive and I get the "you are either experiencing lag or the connection has closed." error. The last time I used genetics computers in cog1 this didn't happen.

I have tried restarting, reinstalling, updating, and reinstalling the updated version of BYOND. I'm on Windows 7. Any suggestions on what to try or whatever would be appreciated.
(02-25-2016, 05:52 PM)ottumon Wrote: Whenever I go to the "Finished Research" or "Research in Progress" screens with the genetics console, or those screens are open and I click on the console I get the following error:
[Image: 8b15ea7faa.jpg]
The client becomes unresponsive and I get the "you are either experiencing lag or the connection has closed." error. The last time I used genetics computers in cog1 this didn't happen.

I have tried restarting, reinstalling, updating, and reinstalling the updated version of BYOND. I'm on Windows 7. Any suggestions on what to try or whatever would be appreciated.

Have you tried changing your 'Language for non-Unicode programs' programs back to English in Windows?
Other Thread
Huh. It does seem like something an update to BYOND introduced to non-English system locales. Explains well why I hadn't encountered this before cog2, as I didn't update anything before the new lighting system necessitated it. Unfortunately I don't want to break other programs to fix a job of a spaceman game! I guess I'll have to bear with it until a BYOND update fixes it.