Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have general manufacturers dispense metal/glass sheets in batches
Currently they only produce metal/glass sheets one at a time, which makes it very tedious to gather anything for construction. If they dispensed them in batches of 5/10, it would be easier to use them, instead of running off with a whole premade sheet stack when you just want to fix up one wall.
How so? You can hold one sheet in your hand, and then clickdrag a pile onto that sheet to stack them, you can also just empty the manufacturer and use a workbench to create multiple sheets.
It's not the stacking that's the tedious part, it's the manufacturing. Either you have to click on the 'make one sheet' button a whole bunch of times, or leave it on repeat and then generally forget to turn it off, emptying the manufacturer of all materials. Of course there are other means of getting metal sheets, but if pretty much everything is more efficient than via the manufacturer, then why does the manufacturer have that option?
How about a prompt when making items on manufacturers that asks you how many? Have it default to one so you can just click it away, but can always type in more.
I like Frank's solution. Rare though it may be, I sometimes DO only need one sheet. For mass batches I don't even bother with a fab; it's too messy. I just eject some bars and hop on over to the nearest workbench.