Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More than 20 awful and not so awful suggestions.
Here is a list of cool super terrible suggestions that no-one should implement, I'm so terrible i put them all in one topic instead of shitting up the suggestions board.

1. Allow antagonists to emag the cloner, any clones made from that cloner will use a random ghosted player.
  2. Allow roboticists to build a digital brain, which can be utilized to allow ghosts to re-enter the round as a cyborg.
  3. Allow geneticists to obtain the reagent tasting gene that bartenders spawn with.
  4. Implement a fulton recovery system like system to allow antagonists to extract their targets, in exchange for some extra telecrystals.
  5. Implement a custom hotkey system to allow players to dynamically arrange and set hotkeys for various ingame actions.
  6. Allow janitors to fill their buffer by click-dragging reagent containers onto the buffer.
  7. Allow cargo to order a 'radioisotope thermoelectric generator' as a alternative power source for mining.
  8. Allow cargo to order, or engineering/mechanics to build a communications dish, incase a traitor blows them all up.
  9. Allow changelings that absorb someone to see the last X lines of chat from him.
  10. Give players a sound notification similar to the mid-round antag selection when they get cloned, borged or resurrected from the dead via SR.
  11. Add observe/jump buttons to deadchat.
  12. Show PDA messages in deadchat.
  13. Give observers the ability to toggle between examine, plant analyser, health analyser and other availible analysers.
  14. Allow antagonists with a uplink to order a syndicate headset attachment, allowing them to talk to other antagonists.
  15. Allow players to shake off/remove stickers from themselfs and others.
  16. Add a button into the cloning room to allow people to exit the room without having to break down the window(s)
  17. Synchronize player settings, trait settings and antag tokens over all availible servers.
  18. Alter the way heated chemicals damage you, a sterile or breath mask should not prevent you from getting burned, a gas mask should.
  19. Implement a crayon buffer, allowing players to buffer lines of text to easily crayon large words.
  20. Alter the paint machine repair chance variable, there currently is a one percent chance for it to succeed, paint should no longer cause the lag it used to do, It'd be fun to actually see it work when you decide to invest the time and effort.
  21. Implement click-dragging for pod upgrades, allowing cyborgs and other non-hand mobs to upgrade pods.

Additionally, here is a list with some code suggestions, which could result in small, or significant speed ups for several processes.

1. Creating a pill bottle, or box of patches from a large container such as a artbeaker will lock the server up for a good moment, this could be resolved by changing the logic around, and transfering the reagents from the container to the new container, and setting the amount of reagents to be used on the new container as well, creating the patches and pills on-demand.

2. Add SEE_PIXELS to the sight variable for all mobs, the reasoning for this is to allow players to see the PTL even if they cannot see the lower-left corner of the PTL.

Thanks for reading this list of awful and terrible ideas, please leave not so awful feedback.
1 is great if modified; allow them to create "soulless humans" whom ghosts could inhabit instead, no emagging needed, with 2 being similar.

5 might work. also my hotkeys is bugged for some reason. I'm presuming the admins are all working very hard on fixing this as we speak.

8 I'm surprised we don't have this already.

10 is good

11 I don't understand this, what do you mean buttons?

12 is great, do this, do this now.

14 is workable

16 is good

21 is needed badly.

9 is a terrible idea and I oppose it

The rest I dont care about one way or another
the roboticist's digi-brain should only work if it is melded with the character's heirloom artifact item they start the round with, to entrap the ghost
1. I thought the cloning pod could be emagged already?
2. YES!
3-5. No opinion.
6. Yes and allow them to stack their wet floor signs on the mop bucket!
7. What makes this different from the local generator you can already order?
8. No opinion.
9. I made a suggestion regarding this in another thread of yours: here
10-15. No opinion.
16. Makes sense.
17-21. No opinion
(02-18-2016, 02:11 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: 1. I thought the cloning pod could be emagged already?

Correct, this currently ejects the clonee from the cloner, I'm suggesting adding emagging functions to the scanner/computer allowing it to malfunction and switch up clones with random people.

(02-18-2016, 02:11 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: 7. What makes this different from the local generator you can already order?

This allows miners to power the station, the other generator requires power cells, and plasma canisters, this one requires radiation and can be made to perform better when you smelt custom materials.
1 & 2 – I don’t know if these would work on 4 or 5, as it’d be super easy to meta game. If a traitor or other antag takes the time to remove your brain or body from the game, so you can’t be cloned or borged I don’t think it’s fair to allow a chance for that person to be cloned. On 1 it may work, depending on how ghost knowledge is used there.

3 – No issue.

4 – Cool idea, the recovery system should probably cost telecrystals, but one fulton of a target should recover the cost. Possibly have to be in space and not moving for the target to be removed. Perhaps the person should get a new target list once they’ve collected them all, or this could become an entirely new antag type?

5 – No issue, just as long as it isn’t as terrible as the blob hotkey system is, and doesn’t break the game (seeing as the byond hotkeys are banned)

6, 7, 8 – No issue.

9 – It may be better to have it implemented as a “memory recall” button, which costs DNA or something similar. Brings up an absorbed target list and displays the text.

10 – No issue.

11 – Adding buttons to deadchat? Don’t we already have observe which basically acts as a jump to button with one more click?

12 – No issue.

13 – Seems like it could allow ghosts to figure out secret chems just by observing a chemist making them. I don’t see why ghosts should be able to do anything other than examine stuff.

14 – I don’t have an issue with it, but it seems pointless as it would be super easy for security to find out who is communicating, and most antags kill each other anyways.

15 – Give the HoS one of these things. (also probably the ability to remove sticks and destroy them would be a good idea, kind of ruins hiding in a bush)

16 – IMO, just make the cloning area public access anyways, no reason for it to be medical only.

17 – Yes, to antags tokens, but no to the others. Perhaps allow them to sync to the other servers if they like, but I enjoy having different settings on each server for my stuff.

18, 19, 20, 21 – No issue. (let the paint flow!)
3. Totally a good idea
4. Yeah this has been suggested in this thread. Good idea!
5. Definitely cool, would require extensive coding I'm assuming.
6. Simple and good
7. That, or find one in the mining outpost
8. Eh, no. I really miss last stands in the mining outpost's comm dish.
9. Great & Common suggestion, but I feel like you could abuse this feature somehow.
10. Yes
11. Yes
13. Could be useful
14. Cool!
15. Stickers are sticky! But, maybe using that kind of vinegar chem thing thats not acid but it is. I forget the name.
16. Yes
17. Pretty please!
19. Would be helpful
20. One percent chance? I must be really lucky, or I'm doing something right. It works EVERY TIME I fix it.
21. Good

(02-18-2016, 02:30 PM)69andahalf Wrote: 11 – Adding buttons to deadchat? Don’t we already have observe which basically acts as a jump to button with one more click?

I think Erik is talking about buttons like the AI has. Next to the name
(02-18-2016, 02:30 PM)69andahalf Wrote: 11 – Adding buttons to deadchat? Don’t we already have observe which basically acts as a jump to button with one more click?

No.

Example: Father Jack (OBS), (JMP) exclaims, "GIRLS!"

Pressing the OBS button will observe this mob, and pressing the JMP button will jump to this mob, it's merely intended as a small QOL change allowing easier observation by non-administrative players.

(02-18-2016, 02:30 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Seems like it could allow ghosts to figure out secret chems just by observing a chemist making them. I don’t see why ghosts should be able to do anything other than examine stuff.

The reagent scanner should not be added to this, if someone wants to add it, that is. It's merely a small QoL change allowing ghosts to see what plants are doing, and if Person McPerson has a virus, and if they have it.. which one they have.

(02-18-2016, 02:30 PM)zewaka Wrote: 5. Definitely cool, would require extensive coding I'm assuming.

Not really, there merely needs to be a small switch from using the BYOND built in key systems to utilizing the interface.dmf system, to set/unset key states based on user input, and then changing all movement systems to utilizing this system.

I'd assume it's a good hour, or two of work.
1 and 2: Eh. People are shit and this is why we can't have nice things.
3: Yes. Maybe even the clown and chaplain's too. Well, maybe not chaplain's with it's changes.
4: I make fun of objectives, but giving incentive to follow them makes them relevant.
5: I have always wanted this.
6: Yes.
7: Solars take care of power, really. I'm all for more miner things though. If implemented I think they should just be able to build it with enough materials.
8: Yes, or another way to call the shuttle. It's not hard in the slightest to extend the round to where it needs a reset.
9: Eh.
10: Yeah, though for flavor I'd prefer the sound to be more 'ressurection-ey'.
11: Yes.
12: Nah. We need ways of communicating so ghosts don't hear that doesn't involve what basically amounts to meta. Besides, as ghosts, understanding the spoken word is one thing, but being able to phish is another.
13: Yes for some. Basically only Health, Plant, Atmos, and T-ray (the scan bit, not the xray)
14: I wouldn't mind traitors just getting these. Then again, I wouldn't mind them just getting IDs either.
15: Yes. Even if love stickers for this reason.
16: Yep. I'd count that as FTS material for Cog2, really.
17: Sounds good.
18: I guess? Lots of things should protect, lots of things shouldn't. It's a bit of a list if you care about realism.
19: What? Type in a line and then strike the floor for every letter in the line? I don't care either way, honestly.
20: Yes.
21: Tentative yes. Not sure how I feel about borgs with death pods. Especially on the shuttle.
The ones I disagree with:

1 and 2: Being able to pull ghosts directly from the ether doesn't sit right with me. If an antag is working hard on destroying bodies, there's little you can do to counter that save destroying robotics/the cloner entirely, which often sacrifices any subtlety you had.

4: Traitors have never been rewarded for accomplishing objectives outside of a 'you win' screen and I'm not sure this is the best place to start. It seems like most of the current gear is balanced around your starting 12 tcs, and being able to get additional ones would tend to result in the traitor rolling in gear to the point of near unstoppability.

12/13: Might get annoying, not sure ghosts really need to know every little detail going on. People are generally good about not using deadchat knowledge after being cloned/borged, but the more info they can get the harder it becomes not to abuse that. Of course it could be observer only, but observers still chat abd ghosts can still listen.

14: Not sure if it should be quite that easy to have traitors working together, part of the current fun in traitor rounds is clumsily figuring out who's with you and who isn't. Plus it might interfere with the 'kill all other ops' objective.

The rest I generally agree with or have no real opinion about.
(02-18-2016, 05:44 PM)Roomba Wrote: The ones I disagree with:

1 and 2: Being able to pull ghosts directly from the ether doesn't sit right with me. If an antag is working hard on destroying bodies, there's little you can do to counter that save destroying robotics/the cloner entirely, which often sacrifices any subtlety you had.

4: Traitors have never been rewarded for accomplishing objectives outside of a 'you win' screen and I'm not sure this is the best place to start. It seems like most of the current gear is balanced around your starting 12 tcs, and being able to get additional ones would tend to result in the traitor rolling in gear to the point of near unstoppability.

12/13: Might get annoying, not sure ghosts really need to know every little detail going on. People are generally good about not using deadchat knowledge after being cloned/borged, but the more info they can get the harder it becomes not to abuse that. Of course it could be observer only, but observers still chat abd ghosts can still listen.

14: Not sure if it should be quite that easy to have traitors working together, part of the current fun in traitor rounds is clumsily figuring out who's with you and who isn't. Plus it might interfere with the 'kill all other ops' objective.

The rest I generally agree with or have no real opinion about.

i think an easy way to balance the fulton idea would be to balance how many TCs you get would depend on the health/condition of your captive. also i think if you could snatch people that weren't on your objectives list should just get you money