Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
You never recover from hyperglycemic shock.
[Image: EH4WEYw.png]
Intentional? I think there's some weird coding with this, I've seen this happen alot before where once you go into hypergylcemic shock, the rate at which sugar leaves the body is dropped. This me purely guessing, but it's been around for a while. Try with a monkey I guess?
Essentially if this happens you are completely fucked unless someone gives you insulin.
In my experience it takes around 15 minutes to recover from hypergylcemic shock. I'm not sure whether that is normal or not. shrug
Yeah that sounds about right actually.
Can confirm as someone who mistakenly took a sip of a Barman hellconcoction and spent 20 minutes in the back room flopping around, if you get enough reagents that decay into sugar you're fucked and the round is probably over. You'll be lying there, not actually dying, but just useless and completely unable to move.

Also the recover noise (beep beep beep) plays again and again and again and again and again and it's absolutely miserable unless you either quit the round or mute the game. I can't recall if you can even suicide while this is happening? Some ability to at least shamble a la NO2 poisoning would be nice.
Can confirm Sugar works exactly as intended; >200u you go into hyperglycemic shock, <200u you snap out of hyperglycemic shock.

It's just that when this happens, it tends to happen in a big way. At 0.4u depletion, 100u is gonna take a while. It's never bothered me, really. The situations are rare. Even with slow metabolism the only times I can remember hitting hyperglycemic shock were the times I was mainlining sodas.