Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pods
This is pretty minor, but if you press the direction you want to go and then quickly tap some other direction the pod will go the first direction but face the second. It looks silly
It should probably stay in for the reenactment of The Fast and the Robust: Hemera Drift
THat's on purpose. It makes podfighting so much fun, because you can strafe and stuff.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:THat's on purpose. It makes podfighting so much fun, because you can strafe and stuff.
Also, there's this thing called inertia. It makes perfect sense.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:THat's on purpose. It makes podfighting so much fun, because you can strafe and stuff.

Ok that does make sense, but the ions that come out of the engine come out of the side, instead of from the back of the pod.
Klayboxx Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Ok that does make sense, but the ions that come out of the engine come out of the side, instead of from the back of the pod.
That just makes the drifting look cooler.

I do like the way the pods can move.
Also, using a GPS in the pods doesn't quite work. The coordinates come up in the list but clicking Get Coordinates prints "Located at: X: 0, Y: 0".
Pod warp doesn't work for me.
I put a plasma cutter on the pod that starts in Mining and got in, and but when I checked the engine it refused to put out any power. I could fly around and warp, but I couldn't turn any subsystems on because the power output was stuck at 0/0. I checked another pod that someone had just built and its power output was normal, so I stuck the cutter module on it. But when I boarded that pod, its power was now stuck at 0/0 as well. Removing the plasma cutter didn't make it go back to normal, either. Going to the Engine's screen showed that it was operating normally, but as soon as the cutter was installed the power output locked at 0/0 forever and no subsystems could be turned on even after the cutter was removed.
Klayboxx Wrote:This is pretty minor, but if you press the direction you want to go and then quickly tap some other direction the pod will go the first direction but face the second. It looks silly

This is intentional. Inertia, podfighting, tokyo drifting.
Handheld GPS probably fucks up in there because of how things work when an object is located inside another object, might be fixable. As for why plasma cutters aren't working right now, I'd guess it's a bug with the last fuel-usage update? I'll look into it.
My pod got pretty mangled by an explosion. I fixed it up to 100% hull integrity but it still had the cracked & flaming sprite.

Also, the plasma cutter doesn't seem to work on some of the asteroid 'corner' tiles. the plasma cutter is a little disappointing tbh, it seems to only have a 1/3 chance of destroying a hit rock. it's faster to use bombs or concussion gauntlets.
mozi Wrote:My pod got pretty mangled by an explosion. I fixed it up to 100% hull integrity but it still had the cracked & flaming sprite.

Also, the plasma cutter doesn't seem to work on some of the asteroid 'corner' tiles. the plasma cutter is a little disappointing tbh, it seems to only have a 1/3 chance of destroying a hit rock. it's faster to use bombs or concussion gauntlets.

oh whoops right i forgot to fix that health thing
also i will adjust the plasma cutter rate