Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
No Excavation Without Compensation!
Heya. Not a very exciting idea, just something that's already in one place that could be added somewhere else.

On Cogmap 2, the Mining section's maintenance tunnel directly starboard has a little section dedicated to sending crates and other goods the Miners find out to be sold, along with a barcode computer with the tag 'Export' for them to use if they want to scan their ID and be compensated for the ores they bring back, even if there's no Quartermaster.

On the Mining Outpost, I figure the conveyor belt located in the Manufacturing Room in the aft of the outpost could be altered a bit to contain a mass driver and a clear shot at space. The barcode computer could then also have the Export tag added to it, allowing Miners working from the outpost to have the same opportunity. I figure this could just be an act of convenience for those that prefer working from the outpost as opposed to the station's mineral magnet, or in the event of a blackout to still be able to continue working.

Just a thought. I doubt many others work from the outpost, but I figure it's a nice enough place to add the occasional bit or bobble to once in a while. Could be implemented on either/both Cogmap 2 and NSS Destiny's outposts.