Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Destiny] Enter Cryo-Stasis
Grim Sleeper recently posted a thread regarding respawning and it got me thinking.

On Destiny, the crew now come out of cryo-stasis when starting their shift. What if we allowed them to reenter cryo-stasis when they want to log off? Too often, one will wander the ship 40 minutes in to find that half of the crew is braindead. 

It can be frustrating when something happens and the braindead crew members are either killed off by antags or whatever random events occur during a typical round and the shuttle gets called for crew shortages. Even more so when the opposite occurs, you die and the remaining crew is braindead so the shuttle doesn't get called but no one is playing.

Granted I play at odd hours and typically the server population consists of myself and two others, at most. So, I may have a warped perspective. *shrug

It's an idea, might be good, might be terrible. I'll let you all decide.

Grim's thread: 
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5870

Also, what's with my text changing size on its own... odd.
(01-26-2016, 07:32 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: ~cyrosleep stuff~

Yeah I think this is a good idea, another idea that has been thrown around is a 'crew rotation' shuttle you could call to just end the round without it being an 'emergency'.
I like both of these. Primarily the cryosleep bit as that would allow people to come and go at their leisure.

One of the major reasons I don't play Destiny is the same reason I don't play sec or AI; I don't have a lot of 'active' time available. My schedule and work allows me to basically be on all the time, but I rarely have more than 40 minutes of undivided attention. An option to take a 'rest' that doesn't leave me helpless in a bed would be grand.
(01-26-2016, 07:32 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: On Destiny, the crew now come out of cryo-stasis when starting their shift. What if we allowed them to reenter cryo-stasis when they want to log off? Too often, one will wander the ship 40 minutes in to find that half of the crew is braindead.
I like this idea. It's defiantly a better option than 'commit suicide'. The main motivation for going braindead is that when you die you 1) might trigger a shuttle call and 2) won't be able to return for the rest of the round which, on destiny, can last over 2 hours. I think a 'safe exit' is a subconsciously highly desired option.

(01-26-2016, 12:42 PM)zewaka Wrote: 'crew rotation' shuttle you could call to just end the round without it being an 'emergency'.
I do not like this idea. It's just renaming 'calling the shuttle' to 'calling the shuttle'. In the respawn thread, server restarts are something I explicitly do NOT WANT (http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5870).
Added this. Let me know if the 15 minute timer on leaving again is too short/long/whatever.

e: Also if it's broken in any way or if something weird happens to you when you try to use it.
Awesome! I'll check it out tonight. That sounds like a reasonable amount of time to prevent folks from spamming it. Thanks!
(02-12-2016, 05:42 AM)Haine Wrote: Added this.

Broke this! Sent you a PM on IRC with some of the information, nothing special just some extra checks that could/should be added.