Cherman0 Mentor Application
Usual character name: Zoey Roy (human) and DreamSeeker (silicon)
BYOND username: Cherman0
Discord username (if you are on our discord): cherman0
Recommended by (if applicable): Generally positive feedback on my previous application at https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19924
Goon servers you play: Primarily 3, occasionally 4 depending on population and map

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

A while back (15 months ago at this point) I previously submitted a mentor application (linked above) which was generally well received but was denied "due to some concems regarding [my] behaviour." In the time since then, I've came and gone from playing ss13 a few times and I'm getting back into it again now. I was told in some follow-up questions that the behavior comment was in relation to the discord, and so I've tried to change how I interact there to avoid unintentionally coming off as aggressive. 

As for experience, It's pretty much going to be the same as the previous application except more time. I'll list it out here again anyways because I've got to hit that 300 word limit somehow, right? Engineering and Silicon roles are still my most played, I'm decently familiar with Medical and Science, and pretty much all of my experience in civilian or security roles is secondhand. 

Engineering:
  • Engineer: My most played role. I know how to set up all the engines and what you can do to further boost their outputs. I'm familiar with DWAINE, packets, and MechComp. I know how to repair breaches and other random damage. My PTL record is somewhere around 6 million credits, if I recall.
  • Miner: Played a lot of miner as I got more into the game for the first time. I know what all the ores count as for the fabricators and how to safely mine without getting exploded or irradiated.
  • Quartermaster: Pretty good amount of experience here too. I haven't really gotten back into QM recently and I'm aware that the crate market got pretty significantly rebalanced while I was gone, so I suppose my experience with using teleporters to automate mass-reselling isn't all that useful anymore.
Medical:
  • Medical Doctor: I know all the medical conditions and what to do about them. Surgery changed a lot while I was gone so I'll need to relearn that, but I'm familiar with pretty much everything else under the medical mechanics umbrella.
  • Roboticist: Mostly experienced secondhand as a cyborg. I know how building cyborgs and whatnot works.
  • Genetics: Familiar with all the mechanics. I know what all the mutations do and about some more niche things like combining, HCDNA, and the booster genes.
Science:
  • Scientist: I have some experience here. Mostly in artlab, but I know the mechanics of everything. Most of my teleporter tinkerings have been as Mechanic Engineer but I'm pretty familiar with that.
Security:
  • Haven't played it. I'm familiar with the culture in general regarding how security is expected to act and treat people, but its all secondhand.
Civilian: 
  • Also haven't really played it. I know how to do janitor stuff, but I really have next to no familiarity with the cooking or botany mechanics. Bartender exists too I guess but that's just the cooler chemist from a mechanical perspective.
Silicon:
  • My other "main". I'm well familiar with the default laws and what they do and don't let you do, as well as analyzing custom laws. I'm familiar with the mechanical intricacies of borgs and the AI, such as modules and upgrades, limb health, and how the lack of hands limits you and what you can do to mitigate that. As an AI I avoid keeping too strict of tabs on antagonists unless I've been specifically asked to by somebody, as an AI that never leaves you alone can be a ridiculously oppressive force for an antag trying to do anything interesting.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
You gave me a fair bit of help with Engineering when I was fresh, and I recently saw you teach a new Engineer how to set up the TEG. You're in the discord a decent bit too. Generally has come off as approachable from my experience. Application has my support. +1
I'm blanking a bit on Zoey Roy, but I know you as DreamSeeker and we've interacted quite a bit in medical (mostly you coming in to fix the floors). I say you would be a great mentor.
You've been consistently active on Discord answering questions for quite some time now. Always nice to see when you answer a question, you seem to care about the quality of your answers. Would be a great addition to the team!
Never really interacted with Zoey Roy the character, but I have consistently seen Cherman0 be a polite and helpful person on the discord whenever someone asks about something. I can definitely tell that they truly wish to help people. So, I want to give a solid +0.5, at least until I can see how they act in-game. Normally I would just stay neutral until checking everything, but I think their contributions on the discord are truly worthy of praise.
Definitely has the knowledge required, but the delivery of responses is usually very blunt or borderlining on rude. Also from what I have seen, has a habit of saying opinions as if they are downright fact. By this I mean that sometimes he doesn't hedge answers if unsure, just states them as fact anyway. I think he'll be mentor material one day but not quite yet. Just needs to work on communication a little bit.