Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restore thin windows
You can't make thin windows anymore - the option was removed with the advent of Cogmap2. I suspect this was done because they aren't done in the isometric perspective, although there are still a few places they're used on station (and the plasma glass windows here and there). Removing features for aesthetic reasons seems kinda dumb, so I would like them back, for making hallway mazes if nothing else.
I can no longer stand by a thin window, grab someone, and flip to swap places with them.

I wish there was some way to make thin-windows look good on the new perspective style.
And on that note: Sliding doors. They've been mostly, but not entirely, removed by the change in perspective. More so, they're still around in places, but a lot of places where they would normally be used with have been replaced with either normal doors are outright normal windows. (Example off the top of my head: Medbay operating theater.)
I did make sprites in the new perspective for glass panes, sliding doors and even grilles, but for reasons unknown to me they aren't being used.

But if I had to guess, it's because not everything for the new map is fully implemented yet, there's still a lot of fixing to do. If all else fails, bug cogwerks abot it in the OFFICIAL COGMAP 2 FIX THIS SHIT thread.
As an Engineer I really miss the stop-gap measure to plug gaps in the hull of dismantling a reinforced window and then using the panes to seal the hole in the wall.
I know it's kludging of the worst sort, but I'll be damned before I carry stacks of metal plates around just to fix other peoples mess.
Multi pane windows need to make a comeback, as it is far too easy for one greyshirt with an extinguisher to make a hull breach. The new windows are not even harder to break through to compensate for that.
Yeah, good point, they're actually really convenient for containing hull breaches. Or if you want to RCD away the floors under engine feed canisters without depressurizing a whole section of engineering.
(01-26-2016, 05:25 AM)SL the Pyro Wrote: I did make sprites in the new perspective for glass panes, sliding doors and even grilles, but for reasons unknown to me they aren't being used.

But if I had to guess, it's because not everything for the new map is fully implemented yet, there's still a lot of fixing to do. If all else fails, bug cogwerks abot it in the OFFICIAL COGMAP 2 FIX THIS SHIT thread.

Shooow meee!!
This can be closed, thin windows are back. smile
Maybe this should go in bugs but I feel I should mention that you can grab things through thin windows as if they weren't there.
Also when placing thin mineral windows there's a small chance it places a large window instead of a thin. This large window looks like a stretched thin window instead of a "new perspective" one.