Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time Travel! Yay!
So i just got this very random idea that has the words Time and Travel in it. allow people to go back in time in this multiplayer game so they can kill their vuctims in the past. 

So basically there would be a small area (somewhere) and this area would have a bunch of different variations such as: Past, modern and future.
Each variation would have unique items, enemies, puzzles and layout/sprites/sounds. 

The past would have old medical tools, dirty clothes and secret relics as for enemies you get plague doctors.

Modern variation (2010 - 2030. not retro future) would have a modern office like look with "office stuff" pens, folders, computers and secret documents. As for enemies... rogue robot vacuums? idk...

Future would have "Futuristic stuff!" electronic wibble wabbles and plasma diddly doddles!
There could be a puzzle including secret doors, teleports and playing with wires. Enemies a cybernetic organism living flesh on a metal endoskeleton. Robots obviously.

And as i said i just got this very random idea and i just wanted to post it here so people can play around with it and see what this might evolve into.
But... But... Arent we already in the future ?

[Image: 0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif]
(01-23-2016, 02:11 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: But... But... Arent we already in the future ?

[Image: 0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif]

well... uhh.. we are in the retro future.. in ss13 but for us in the game it is the current time or something... let's just call it wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff... so i shall just combine all this into one word = maybe?
but i WANT to visit my past self and murder them so i no longer exist
(01-23-2016, 04:41 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: but i WANT to visit my past self and murder them so i no longer exist

Some kind of time machine that takes all your actions from the last twenty seconds or so and creates a NPC copy that repeats them
(01-23-2016, 08:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 04:41 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: but i WANT to visit my past self and murder them so i no longer exist

Some kind of time machine that takes all your actions from the last twenty seconds or so and creates a NPC copy that repeats them

That kind of function is already in the Bull's Rush wizard spell. Would definitely be interesting with a player.
Sounds interesting as a telescience location or somewhere in space.
Since we have the time-space breach, I figured we'd wind up with some time related telsci locations. I'm all for that. Nothing so complex that it would drain all passion from it's creators though. There's also the issue of more things equals more lag.

So, tons of sprites, tons of building, some coding stuff, and not to mention the 'writing'. Gives me a headache just thinking about it all and I don't have to do shit.
Why not do this: Have a hidden machine somewhere in space, when fixed would allow you to travel to a few time periods. It would work similar to telescience, requiring you to know the exact time period, or else you wont time travel.

Prehistoric Time Period

This map would have stereotypical cavemen, monkeys, and maybe dinosaurs.

Actually, the more I think of this, it would be complicated to do, and probably require a full z level and tons of maps/code/sprites. I was thinking of a Medieval period, a cemetery from the 1800's; and more. We could also include something from the past, but very close to the present time line. Maybe a less rusty version of Mars Station. The future map should be far, far into the future with wacky gadgetry and other stuff. The cemetery could be done as we have some sprites already from the bio-dome, but then again, doing something like this will require a-lot of effort. It would be neat, but require a ton of effort.
(01-26-2016, 06:38 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: Prehistoric Time Period
This map would have stereotypical cavemen, monkeys, and maybe dinosaurs.
Idea for the prehistoric time period: Cavemen frozen in ice that you have to break them out of.
id really like a medieval telesci area where at last i could have wooden cyborgs
Put in a time machine that sends you forward in time, by deleting your character until it's time to exist.
Have two people play the same character, one the future version of them. Anything that happens to the past version effects the future one
(08-08-2019, 05:07 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Have two people play the same character, one the future version of them. Anything that happens to the past version effects the future one

But what happens if the future character removes the arms of the original past character? Would it explode the server?
I don't know.

Time travel seems improbable with how the future ship got here.

I suggest waiting for whenever that special time-related telescience location comes.