Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Great Switcheroo
[Image: ea83a6cbc6.png]

Regardless, it'd be nice to have an extended server somewhere. Pretty sure A4Brogan brought this up in #goonstation or something, but might as well make a thread.
A couple times, I did. Then again I am probably the bitchiest player on here %90 of the time, so the suggestion probably passed through a mute filter.
You're asking for a new server?
While we struggle to populate a single server fully O_o
Nah. The point of the thread is moot now. Explanation:

Extended Mode: Useful for experiments and secret finding due to the lack of antags.
Secret Mode: Fun place to die.

How it used to be| Wrote:Server 1: Extended Mode
Server 4: Secret Mode

How it was when I made the thread| Wrote:Server 1: Secret Mode
Server 4: Secret Mode

How I wanted it to be, and how it is now| Wrote:Server 1: Secret Mode
Server 4: Extended Mode
Server's being extended mode isn't actually manually set. It's a misconception that stops people from playing, but he servers automatically go to extended if their population is low enough and go back to secret if their populations gets high enough again.
That must be a recent thing, then? I've been the only person on secret-mode; I've even been both blobs at once because of it. (Well, I was counted as two) I've also been on extended mode with people numbering in the teens.
(01-21-2016, 06:17 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Server's being extended mode isn't actually manually set. It's a misconception that stops people from playing, but he servers automatically go to extended if their population is low enough and go back to secret if their populations gets high enough again.

what in the world are you talking about and where did you get the idea that this was the case
(01-21-2016, 06:17 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Server's being extended mode isn't actually manually set. It's a misconception that stops people from playing, but he servers automatically go to extended if their population is low enough and go back to secret if their populations gets high enough again.

This is wrong, there is no such code that does this.
(01-22-2016, 02:01 AM)Haine Wrote:

what in the world are you talking about and where did you get the idea that this was the case

I swore that an admin said this one back when Cog2 went up, and talking about LLJK1 and no one playing there due to it being extended, it was said to be extended due to lower player pop. Maybe I misinterpreted it, but I remember something like