Blackjack117200/Gabriel Uttseks Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Gabriel Uttseks
BYOND Username: Blackjack117200
Recommended by: N/A
Times Available: I work a rotating schedule, so three or four days per week. My login time is usually in the A.M., Mountain Standard Time, GMT-7, but I get on during daylight hours as well. Due to the nature of my job I don’t have a specific schedule to give you, but it’s safe to assume I’ll be on at least a few days a week, usually for several hours.

Reason for Application + Game Experience: Without kissing too much ass, I appreciate what the mentors have done, they help make what is, for new players, a hellish and sometimes frustrating experience more manageable, because they’ve been around, done, and seen things that let them help out people who may need more guidance than just being told to “Git Gud” over the radio. This game has a punishing learning curve, and it’s nice to be able to smooth it out for someone. Mentors, in my opinion, help these servers gain and retain new players, such that they don’t quit just because the UI is daunting at first, or they don’t understand that they need to crowbar firelocks. I’ve been around the Goonscape since at least 2011, though it may have been earlier. I’m pretty proficient in everything that’s not pathology or advanced engine mechanics. I.e. hellburn 100+GW builds. Chem is my favorite area to do actual research in, and I find it the most interesting, generally, but I’ve got experience with most useful things aboard these screaming metal deathtraps we call stations. Doctoring, surgery, borgs and robotics in general, plenty of AI time, toxins, though I’m not the greatest bomb maker in the world, I can build and generally fix anything as an engie, mechanics is cake, I can serve as a passable chef, and a better than average barman, I try my best not to be shitcurity, and don’t mind spreading my superweed around as a botanist. I’ve been on my fair share of Solarium runs, and know that’s a sacred thing not to be shared about willy-nilly. I’ve been every kind of traitor, at least once, with varying degrees of success, though wraith is still pretty obscure to me. If you can come up with a thing to do on this station, I’ve probably had my grubby paws in it at one point or another, and have held on to quite a lot of general info as well as the more specialized stuff. At any rate, I’d like to be able to make sure this glorious 2d spessman decompression simulator keeps going, and a helping hand generally doesn’t hurt.

Previous Bans: I had a Perma, before all of the bans got wiped in… Late 2014? Early ’15? Whenever they all were wiped at the end of that year, the last few have really blended together. As well as one (perhaps more) tempban(s). I don’t remember specifics, but I have had a somewhat rocky history, though I’ve definitely attempted to improve from my past behavior. I have a jobban from Cap on one of the servers, I don’t remember which one, honestly, but that was a request that I made, because I disliked rolling Cap randomly.
I've seen him around for a few years and I don't have anything bad to say about him. I vote yes he has been around long enough and surely knows a thing or two if he wants to help people out I say let him.
I haven't played in quite a while, but I recognize his name. Last I saw he wasn't terrible. So its a yes from me.
I recall seeing you around a lot in the past, and you've usually struck me as an independent fellow who can carry his own weight (be it sec, mindslave, etc-etc).

Can't say I've seen you around recently when I've played, but it's a yes either way.