Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Incredible Invisible Vampire
Hello! Vampires have an ability called Cloak of Darkness. Similarly to the Genetics mutation, when they have a sufficient amount of blood they are able to activate a situation-based invisibility! They fade into dark areas but can still be seen when the light is bright enough.

This is how it worked with the OLD lighting system. The NEW lighting system screwed that up. Now, Cloak of Darkness is active all the time, because it does not recognize if someone is in an area too bright for it to work in. This means that vampires are always invisible, no matter what, and that goes the same for geneticists or other nerds that might be exploiting this bug to get an advantage they probably shouldn't have. Infinite cloaking? Gross!

Forgive me if this was already addressed, as I'm only posting this because I remembered a shitty round on Destiny where a vampire attacked me while invisible in a well-lit room. I haven't seen anything about it yet.
I wanted Vampires to get a buff. But not like this!
Also since there are only 2-3 thermals on the station if any antag has this power then the whole station is fucked as there is no other way to counter it. I'm already seeing people in IRC saying they are going to stop playing till it's fixed as a couple of people are exploiting the hell out of it now from what I gather from their accounts.
Yeah. This needs to be fixed pronto. Certain Player(s) are getting CoD and doing this Round after Round. I'd say tweak Unstable Refraction to not cause nigh constant invisibility with practically no drawbacks.

Till it gets fixed, remember you can get thermal eyes by hacking a robotics fab. It's not a very practical solution, but it's there. Any sec agent might want to get 'upgraded' on shift start, provided you trust the knife handler.
Marquesas says it has been fixed
CoD is still very broken. Unless standard lighting hallways are considered 'darkness', anyways.

Of course, he may mean 'in the next update'. In which case ignore me. v
Looking at the post dates, I'd wager I botched up the fix. I'll take another look - right now you shouldn't be able to toggle the ability, but I might as well break the effect instead.

EDIT: Commit posted. Check it out from next round on please.
[Image: e70a1cc177.png]

That got it for genetics. I imagine it's the exact same for vamp.