Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Chameleon Mutants hittable
Because not being able to fight back while getting shot/beaten/force-injected shit/metaphorically sodomized by some coward is not only unfair, but a free ticket to fuck over every player to the point of making the round not fun anymore. On the third time in two days, I just quit out.

Don't give me the "Get Thermal Scanners/T-Ray/EyeImpant" Bullshit either. There is only a handful of Thermal Scanners, all of them sec-held, And the T-Rays only work in adjacent squares, making that as a counter way to late for melee, or not even a tactic when combined with other mutant capabilites.

However, I do want to see the Chameleon still be of use. Just make it so that if a projectile passes over, it hits, or make it so you can fight back. It's blatantly overpowered; I do not mind getting robusted at all, I just want a fair chance to fight back.
Chameleon: "You become invisible while standing still. This can work against you in more ways than one. (Note that this and other invisibility mutations make you deaf when invisible.)"

Cloak of Darkness: "You're invisible while in the dark. vampires also get this power. Unlike vampires however, you cannot toggle it on or off. (Note that this and other invisibility mutations make you deaf when invisible.)"

Unstable Refraction: "Causes you to randomly flicker in and out of invisibility at random. (Note that this and other invisibility mutations make you deaf when invisible.)"

What you're probably seeing is either Unstable Refraction or someone abusing This Bug, provided it's actually a thing. I don't pay enough attention.

If it's UR, then yeah, I think it could use some major tweaks. UR currently gives you nearly constant invisibility even when interacting with things and, what's worse, it's really common. I think UR should be more of an annoyance than a boon. Maybe where it gives you invisibility 10% of the time. Or maybe even make it where you're translucent instead of invisible.

If it's CoD, then you're dealing with some jerkass abusing a bug. I haven't confirmed the bug, but if it actually IS on all the time then it's big enough to take CoD out until it's fixed.
From what I saw, It's constant regardless of lighting. It's likely CoD. I am just sticking to Destiny until this bug is fixed, or go back to finishing DOOM.
UR is extremely unbalanced. I've had more than one unsavory incident of having my ass handed to me by some fucknut who knew I was antagonist. It's too unpredictable, in that while you wouldn't rely on it to defend yourself (getting shot at, better go invincible) it's very good at fucking over someone who you just happened to bump it while invincible. I.e: UR encourages extremely shitty and petty behavior.

I haven't had any issues with chameleon, but I can understand if it's the same behavior as UR then I can see why A4brogen is irked.

As far UR goes, a simple balance would make it even more unpredictable on the invisible side, decrease the odds of becoming invisible by a good bit, but increase the time that you are invisible. So in a 40-50 round you may become invisible twice. So it becomes less of an abuse thing, and more of a circumstantial thing, which I assume was the intention of the mutation.

Chameleon, I like the being able to the target as a balance as suggested, but buff it in speed it takes to become invisible, from 2-3 seconds of standing still to 1 second. This way chameleon becomes more of a defensive mutation, as I would assume that was also the intention of the mutation