Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Infinitely Spawning Cube Steak
On #4 just now we had Cube Steak infinitely spawning in pathology. Using a nearby locker to shovel steak off the tile repeatedly I did find 'Sam' (presumably a monkey) completely dismembered under all of the steak along with various pathology items (this was in the pathology lab, but I was absent when it began). Multiple steaks would spawn in at once every second or so.
What the hell is a cube steak?
I've no clue. It's the first time I've seen an item with that name.

I have matched the sprite up to the 'mystery meat' sprite on the wiki and when thrown it did splash blood like other meat and the name was simply Cube Steak. Also, iirc, I was able to grab items off of the tile where the meat was spawning (both using my hands and the drag-to-locker method) but I was not able to move onto that tile or push a crate onto it.
Marquesas Wrote:What the hell is a cube steak?
[Image: Raw-Cube-Steaks.jpg]

Basicly ground beef made like a steak for poor people to pretend they are eating steak.
For poor people or not it's pretty freaking delicious
As for the actual in-game item, it's the steaks that meatcubes leave behind when they pop, hence the name.
Ed Venture Wrote:For poor people or not it's pretty freaking delicious
I've never been a fan of cube steak because people keep putting gross canned gravy all over it, well it's more like they made gravy and then just fucking dropped the cube steak in a bowl of gravy.
KikiMofo Wrote:
I've never been a fan of cube steak because people keep putting gross canned gravy all over it, well it's more like they made gravy and then just fucking dropped the cube steak in a bowl of gravy.
That would be country style steak; chicken fried steak's inferior cousin. Actually no, canned gravy is a biohazard. Gravy is just flour browned in fat (a roux) that is then mixed with water. If someone is too lazy to make that then they should just stick with subway or something. v

Shh. This is very topic relevant.
KikiMofo Wrote:

I don't put gravy on mine as I hate any kind of gravy
Serve it with a fried egg with a runny yolk on it
i forget what we marinate ours in but we marinate + then pan fry them. its always so good, doesnt need any gravy or anything as the marination gives it all the flavor it needs
I'm guessing that the ground beef doesn't come from any of the good steak cuts? I mean otherwise what's the point of grinding down a good cut and selling it for less than it was worth?
Marquesas Wrote:I'm guessing that the ground beef doesn't come from any of the good steak cuts? I mean otherwise what's the point of grinding down a good cut and selling it for less than it was worth?
Basically yes unless people are going to spend steak prices for ground beef, and yes people do do that. Ground beef is just the stuff that people wouldn't buy as a steak and mixed in with the more fatty parts, that's why you get different grades of ground beef and get to pick like say 80/20 or 95/5 beef/fat ratios, they just add less of the junk beef and fat into the good beef(but not good enough for steak).

WISCONSIN LIVING HAS TRAINED MY BEEF KNOWLEDGE.
Ah yes, the good old mix-with-fat trick. Like watering beer. I know that stuff, that's how Tesco keeps its ground pork prices low around here.

80-20 pork is not all that bad for chili con carne mind you.
A cube steak should actually be a single piece of meat that is run through some sort of Cenobite Hell needle-tenderizer until it looks almost ground but not quite.