Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove shuttle diversion from wizard rounds
'Centcomm reports the shuttle has veered off due to electronic interference.'

I can see why it was implemented in the first place - it's pretty annoying to have people go 'fuck it, a wiz round, no fun, call shuttle' the second the wiz is spotted. I haven't seen that attitude in a while though, and with the generally lower population (on the times I play, at least), an average fireball-blasting wiz can effectively clear out the station in 5-10 minutes of roundstart, with nothing to do afterwards but camp arrivals, more or less. More than once I've seen wizards who called the shuttle themselves due to boredom stymied by this feature. The shuttle auto-call due to low pop can't entirely be relied on either - often there's just enough braindead assistants hiding in closets or out in space to keep the population over, and sometimes it doesn't trigger even when it seems it really should.
Alternatively have the shuttle divert only if the living station population is above a certain amount when it is 'checked'.
I wouldn't put too much stock in that - it's subject to the same failings as the auto-shuttle call mentioned above.
Roomba Wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock in that - it's subject to the same failings as the auto-shuttle call mentioned above.

Works fine for me most times. The Wizman can call if he really needs to.