Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PSA: GETTING SHIT TO RUN ON WINDERPS 10
Hey Kids, Its Steaksauce with the PSA series...

I don't know GETTING SHIT TO WORK I don't know

Where I have to get off my lazy arse and explain shit. Now, a lot of players now have Windows 10, or as I like to call it "NSA-Butt Buddies' Operating System". Now, a lot of these poor bastards (myself included) have found that Windows 10 likes to dick with a lot of software, including BYOND. We can't have that now can we?

So! You go to jump in and the computer decides to take a steaming poo on your plans and refuses to run the game eh? Well, if you are one of the folks who actually upgraded to 10, and therefore still have Internet Explorer on your hard drive, Here is what you do:

1: Get to your Desktop v

[Image: 8y1NQqd.jpg]

Mine is olive drab and kinda blank. That is because I like to have little to no distractions. Now, I want you to hit the Windows Key and S at the same time. You should get this.

[Image: 78T8CkD.png]

Got that? Good. Onwards!

2: Type in Internet Explorer :downs:

If you get the app in the window like this, Awesome! If not, well your fucked.
[Image: xzDAIeb.png]

3: TURN ON ACTIVEX FILTERING

Like So.

[Image: 4HrmUEV.jpg]

4. RUN THE GAME

If it runs, then the problem is solved, and you owe me a piece of gum. If not, well, I don't know what to tell you. Try a factory reset and tell Obama/Microsoft to suck on your dong mayhaps?

Either way, I hope this helps you guys.
Just came here to say how ugly the new 'my computer' icon is.
Marquesas Wrote:Just came here to say how ugly the new 'my computer' icon is.

Yeah, I have to agree with you.

Also, if I sound Irritated, it's because the solution was in plain sight on the SECOND site you should look at for troubleshooting: the BYOND Forums.