Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosive Skulls
This started out as a joke when Johnny Guitar threw a skull and hit a geneticist right as a pda bomb went off... but wouldn't it be amazing if you could fill skulls with black powder and throw them? It sounds cool as hell...
Well, the "Fill them with reagent" part technically is possible, but only via making the skull into a chalice. If it counts, then all you need to do is find a means of making the thing ignite.
Maybe make the skull require some manner of tricky treatment before it'll actually hold anything or it has a high chance of just spilling on you when you throw it so it doesn't fully replace a grenade kit.
The skull would just be a reskinned pipe bomb that detonates on impact rather than time.
For some reason I thought that this would be a suggestion to allow for Erebite skull replacements.

Actually, could we do that instead?
There needs to be a mutation that turns your skeleton into erebite. Or plutonium or other dangerously stupid materials.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:There needs to be a mutation that turns your skeleton into erebite. Or plutonium or other dangerously stupid materials.
And then someone makes it into an injector and thinks it would be 'funny' to jab Sudden Radiation Explosion Disease into any random person who's stunned or briefly looking away.

Which it would be, except in this case they're not a traitor and just a jerk.
Click a pipebomb onto a skull in hand to create a skull with a pipebomb inside. A pipebone?
I think more handheld explosives in general could be fun.

I think the simplest recipe would be mousetrapped pipe bomb + skull, but I think being able to substitute a skull for a pumpkin could result in a fun botany thing and reference to spiderman. But I guess they already have exploding tomatoes so that probably won't happen. Also mass producible pumpkin bombs might be a bad idea in general.

In regards to the original idea, more fun explosive options that result in some traitor creativity is always fun.

Having a weapon you can throw at people which blows up on impact might be OP, but you still have to get a skull which either involves murder or finding some in a locked safe. I don't think botany can grow skulls so it's a little harder to mass produce.