Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canister gas exchange
currently, gas can only flow from a large canister -> smaller tank/emergency tank regardless of pressure. it'd be really useful to be able to refill canisters.
The current system is logical, since that gas pressurizes the container of a much smaller volume.

We used to have pressure tanks accomplishing this. I'm not sure why we don't anymore. If you need a full canister, however, you can manufacture one using ore of the appropriate kind.
One particular thing i'd like to see go from Destiny to Cogmap 2 is the Canister Tanks in atmos. Just the oxygen/air one, so it's easier to make a place habitable.
[Image: HkTMvDP.png] <---- These

Perhaps this is what OP's could be getting at?

I should probably not make this post before checking what the other tanks around cogmap2 contain, but still, having these two tanks located somewhere in engineering would be particularly handy.
Sundance Wrote:One particular thing i'd like to see go from Destiny to Cogmap 2 is the Canister Tanks in atmos. Just the oxygen/air one, so it's easier to make a place habitable.

I should probably not make this post before checking what the other tanks around cogmap2 contain, but still, having these two tanks located somewhere in engineering would be particularly handy.

sort of, but actually, i have no idea what those pressure tanks even do. what do they do?
Those pressure tanks do pretty much what you're requesting, they contain a shit-ton of gas and refill canisters when attached to the adjacent port (wrench the canister in place when over the port, then turn the valve)
The only thing is that they are anchored, and they do not leak (afaik) so you can't do anything nefarious with them. Which is why I suggested 02/air high pressure tanks being either included or concentrated in an "atmos" area rather than being scattered about the place which confuses the player as to their purpose (I know for a fact they were barely used on cogmap 1) while plasma tanks/c02/n02 are in limited supply and do not get high pressure tanks for balancing reasons.
Sundance Wrote:Those pressure tanks do pretty much what you're requesting, they contain a shit-ton of gas and refill canisters when attached to the adjacent port (wrench the canister in place when over the port, then turn the valve)
The only thing is that they are anchored, and they do not leak (afaik) so you can't do anything nefarious with them. Which is why I suggested 02/air high pressure tanks being either included or concentrated in an "atmos" area rather than being scattered about the place which confuses the player as to their purpose (I know for a fact they were barely used on cogmap 1) while plasma tanks/c02/n02 are in limited supply and do not get high pressure tanks for balancing reasons.

aha! okay, so maybe what i'm looking for is one of those for plasma.
Sundance Wrote:One particular thing i'd like to see go from Destiny to Cogmap 2 is the Canister Tanks in atmos. Just the oxygen/air one, so it's easier to make a place habitable.

Huh, Cogmap had these? I remember one on the NASSA derelict but the one time I used it the tank only filled to about 1200 iirc. Enough to fill an air tank, which was what mattered really.
Dabir Wrote:Huh, Cogmap had these? I remember one on the NASSA derelict but the one time I used it the tank only filled to about 1200 iirc. Enough to fill an air tank, which was what mattered really.

They were part of the emergency air hookups.
[Image: gen2.png]

in any case i think i figured it out
Dabir Wrote:

Huh, Cogmap had these? I remember one on the NASSA derelict but the one time I used it the tank only filled to about 1200 iirc. Enough to fill an air tank, which was what mattered really.
Over the last few months of Cogmap's existence, the regular air canisters by the air hookups were replaced by fixed tanks.
kremlin Wrote:/snip/

You should update to 509.
So that's what the rainbows look like; looks like a manic drug effect.

Yeah, if you were just going for the engine there's more than enough gas there already. Once you have the combustion chamber down you could run poo through the lines and eventually hit yottawatt through the power of reality-breaking heat. If you absolutely need more gas you can steal materials and use them in the gas exchange fab in the cold loop. Plasmastone can be bought at QM or in space for Plasma Canns, but again, you should never really need it.

I'm pretty hesitant when it comes to putting more free plasma on the station, honestly.
if i cant exchange my farts into a canister then what are we even doing in space, man
poland spring Wrote:if i cant exchange my farts into a canister then what are we even doing in space, man

I said this time and again: The admins won't allow it because it would ring the dinnerbell for the fetishists again. Same reason why we lost poo. If you want to blame or take it out on anyone, take it out on the pervs that forced the administration's need to shoot down fart tanks.
Marquesas Wrote:
kremlin Wrote:/snip/

You should update to 509.

updating doesn't fix rainbow road in VMs frown