Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hufflaw Goon 4
Admin name: Hufflaw
Server: Goon 4
Date/Time: 1/5/2016
Synopsis: In short, I was critcizing a guy, and arguing with him over comms, who plays detective every round. He instantly hunts down the traitor and unloads his revolver on him. Even worse I'd just adminhelped the guy a few rounds before because he ran into a room, saw me with a dead body, and instantly unloaded on me and dragged me to the gibber. After several rounds of him doing this(Mike Murdock), I was calling him Murdering Mike Murdock, the Antag Hunter.

I've been criticized for even going after the antag. This dude was detective every round and his go to solution for any suspicion was shoot the revolver at them. Anyhow, Hufflaw came in... saw me criticizing the dude... and proceeded to tell him to shoot me. He told Christopher Odd and Mike Murdock to kill me.

Hufflaw and I dislike each other, but he's never straight up told anyone "hey it's cool, kill Vamp". This will be dismissed of course because I'm me, but I figured I'd file the complaint anyway.

The other guy he said could beat me had just come off a ban for excessive force . And he's been rewarded for starting his old ways now...

for reference these are the two guys I was trying to talk to about being excessively violent.

Christopher Odd: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6201

and here in this thread we find Mike Murdock defending his buddies violence:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6201&p=70224#p70224

Anyhow. Figured I'd mention it.
Remember when you asked me to tell you if I see something looks like the thing we talked about?

Well this sure does.

Fixating on people for something they did two rounds ago. Let it bloody go. Don't take shit into your own hands. If something is against the rules then tell the admins, if something isn't then we don't want to find you two rounds later criticising his gameplay. Especially not on 4. A healthier alternative for this is silently disposing of him when you get a traitor round or something. While I don't fully agree with the methods used here, I could more get behind it than not. Remember, you still put people on edge when something is borderline a grudge.
That is a far better response than I could have done.

Uh, I did it because I wasn't sure whether I should have banned you over that or not since you were on your last warning regarding this. So I went with my gut and at least ensured that the guy you were criticizing due to things that happened previous rounds knew that we don't support you.

Also the excerpt in the chat logs that made me want to do that. I hate having to defend my previous actions to some random person in game so I gave Mike Murdock the chance to have some catharsis.
Code:
[13:23:04] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : you realize you shoot me every other round
[13:23:11] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : ;I just wanted acsess to research.
[13:23:11] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : and have shot me three times when i was afk
[13:23:16] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : seriously
[13:23:20] SAY: Mike Murdock (Bigfatbananacyclops) : i shot you last round when the round ended
[13:23:21] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : try chucking your gun into space
[13:23:25] SAY: Mike Murdock (Bigfatbananacyclops) : and you cant talk about last round
[13:23:28] SAY: Mike Murdock (Bigfatbananacyclops) : its violating rules
[13:23:29] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : and doing some detecting
[13:23:32] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : Shut up!
[13:23:36] SAY: Mike Murdock (Bigfatbananacyclops) : woah
[13:23:36] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : All you do is bitch Ormus!
[13:23:43] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : oh another shitlorde
[13:23:44] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : I'm tired of your bitchin!
[13:23:46] SAY: Mike Murdock (Bigfatbananacyclops) : damn
[13:23:47] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : Shut the fuck up!
[13:23:52] SAY: Christopher Odd (ShyShadow) : Or you'll get your shit fucked.
[13:23:53] SAY: Dickson Ormus (Vampirate) : welp you two hugbox each other

I wouldn't have done this had you been any other person, but you have a long history of backseat adminning and holding grudges against them for things that happened in previous rounds.
This entire thing looks like you did something you've been told not to do (holding and acting on grudges against people). While I personally wouldn't have encouraged violence against you from another player (unless they asked nicely), I would at the very least have turned you into a cluwne over it.

This doesn't look like a Hufflaw is having some kind of personal beef against you, or even pulling rank for a questionable reason. In my eyes you did a thing you weren't supposed to and an admin decided you needed a smack.
This was, he'd been doing it all night. Not just two rounds. Just opening fire on anyone he found with a corpse he couldnt explain. Hufflaw came in on the tale end of it. Saw that one part, and didn't post the part where I encouraged him to leave his gun behind and solve crimes without it. Once upon a time if someone was being an asshole consistently you could tell them :-/
And the other thing is, when I first started playing if you were adminhelping every other thing, they'd say you were whining. So I just try to tell people when they're doing shitty things. But alright. I'll just let people be shit if they're gonna be shit. Thing change and I don't wanna get sploded for trying to scold people for doing shitty things.
Calling someone an asshole who is being an asshole is a noble pursuit, but save it for the appropriate times. Calling someone an asshole once in OOC after the round ends / before the round starts is fine. Hounding them over the in game radio during a round in progress is less fine.
Yeah I actually took the dude aside today after I realized he was just making mistakes and talked to him about why you don't chase down antags from minute one and shoot them, he seemed to respond well. Hope it sticks. Anyhow, I'm not mad. Disgruntled given that this one seemed to have a bit of a personal element to it given that Hufflaw and I dislike each other, but it's done and over. Unless anyone wants to add anything I'm cool with this being closed.
vampirate Wrote:This was, he'd been doing it all night.

I thought we were being clear here. Seems like that's not the situation.

Let's try again.

If it happened in a different round you shouldn't be giving two flying fucks.

Here I made a handy little flowchart so you can avoid being dumb.

[Image: umrCkay.png]