Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged Section
Cogwerks Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:Actually, I think that you could easily basically accomplish this if you took the cameras out of the Cargo Routing area. It would make it an amazing place for traitors and changelings to go, since it's isolated and items frequently(well, considering the laziness of most QMs, occasionally) pass through.

Plus I think it'd be funny for a changeling to hide in there and eat anybody who tried to ride the conveyors and then send the husk on to its original destination and make people freak out.

Cut the camera with wiresnips, dang. A camera is kinda needed in there so the AI can see if the belts are running and blocked up. I'll recheck though and make sure that the camera in there is in an easy place to cut.
There is no better way to get security to check out an out of the way place than to have the AI go "Someone cut my cams in (whereever)".
Dauntasa Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:Actually, I think that you could easily basically accomplish this if you took the cameras out of the Cargo Routing area. It would make it an amazing place for traitors and changelings to go, since it's isolated and items frequently(well, considering the laziness of most QMs, occasionally) pass through.

Plus I think it'd be funny for a changeling to hide in there and eat anybody who tried to ride the conveyors and then send the husk on to its original destination and make people freak out.

Cut the camera with wiresnips, dang. A camera is kinda needed in there so the AI can see if the belts are running and blocked up. I'll recheck though and make sure that the camera in there is in an easy place to cut.
There is no better way to get security to check out an out of the way place than to have the AI go "Someone cut my cams in (whereever)".
So you kill/eat all the people that come to investigate?
Most AIs, especially now that we're on a new station, don't notice unless you cut A LOT of cameras.
jflan17 Wrote:Most AIs, especially now that we're on a new station, don't notice unless you cut A LOT of cameras.
I've had someone cut the camera I was viewing out of once, that's the only time I've ever noticed my cameras getting cut.
The only way I ever notice cut cameras as AI are if I'm looking through an adjacent one and see that it's not turning and its light is red. So like never.
Really? Because in the camera list broken cams are marked so whenever you scroll through the list you can clearly see all the cams that have been cut. Whenever I'm the AI I always know pretty much immediately, and whenever I cut cams the AI seems to realize it pretty fast.