Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pet Shop
So it's no secret I love bees, and while many think I drag around heisenbee for his stinginess and not sheer adorability (as opposed to a buddy?) I'd love to see a little pet shop somewhere on station. The pets can either autofollow you or simply be pulled around, but it'd be awesome to have some nonaggressive pets you could buy.

Monkey's obviously that you can put suits on.
Non-aggressive bees?
Cats
Dogs
Bats
owls...

just so on. Make them dispense with cute little addons like tophats or something.
I think it'd be fun.
Additional idea. Have them spawn via a leash you apply to your arm. And let them be removed similar to bandage removal. Thus the pet is simply constantly pulled behind you (though I suppose that seems mean when I picture it in my head. )
This is the PettingZoo™ 2052 Edition!
Wow, a pet vending machine! That sure is humane and definitely not something we'd be sued over. No way.

The vending machine rumbles and grumbles!
The vending machine makes a little 'ding' noise.
The lil' Isaac Kirkhope bumbles out of the vending machine!
Weavel Wrote:This is the PettingZoo™ 2052 Edition!
Wow, a pet vending machine! That sure is humane and definitely not something we'd be sued over. No way.

I literally jumped out of my chair for joy reading that big grin
vampirate Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:This is the PettingZoo™ 2052 Edition!

I literally jumped out of my chair for joy reading that big grin
oh no lidge
vampirate Wrote:Additional idea. Have them spawn via a leash you apply to your arm. And let them be removed similar to bandage removal. Thus the pet is simply constantly pulled behind you (though I suppose that seems mean when I picture it in my head. )

Coincidentally I was going to suggest a leash as an item. Use it on a pet or critter and its movement becomes restricted to the free tiles next to you. Use it on the leashed pet again to set it loose. You can even tie leashed pets to handy posts, and they will be restricted to movement about that post.

For entertainment value, I'd suggest the only things that can't be leashed are Jones (because cats are obstinate like that) and humans (because this isn't that kind of game). Anything else is fair game. Take George for a walk around the ship! Drag a terrified Morty playing dead down the corridors! Tie some space wasps to a post to keep people away! Feeling brave? Try and take a wendigo for a walk!
locusts Wrote:
vampirate Wrote:-snip-

I'd suggest the only things that can't be leashed are Jones (because cats are obstinate like that)

Better yet, have Jones put his razor-toes to work and shred the bastard's arm into ribbons, leaving the leash still attached and the leasher without an arm. Anyone else trying to pick up the lead will get amputation by a bajillion tiny cuts.

Believe you me, I know all too well what happens when you leash a cat. I am glad I was able to dodge Callie's psychotic rage that day...
Banning mechanic's tomfoolery with such objects is a must, I'm afraid. The first thing I thought of was lining a hallway with these machines and pelting people with pets as they pass by.
On the contrary, it'd just launch the pre-deployed version. Nothing like a hallway full of space-bees and a machine that launches eggs at people.
Vitatroll Wrote:Banning mechanic's tomfoolery with such objects is a must, I'm afraid. The first thing I thought of was lining a hallway with these machines and pelting people with pets as they pass by.
I had a miscreant round where I put monkey vendors and gibbers side by side all over the place
vampirate Wrote:
Vitatroll Wrote:Banning mechanic's tomfoolery with such objects is a must, I'm afraid. The first thing I thought of was lining a hallway with these machines and pelting people with pets as they pass by.
I had a miscreant round where I put monkey vendors and gibbers side by side all over the place
I thought we lost mass monkey thanks to the monkey mass! (even to syndicate scanners) my mouth is opening oh no

Monkey Mass: When a mechanic mass produced ValuChimps in the Chapel shortly after the new monkey AI was added. This, mind you, was when they were still chasing down and beating their aggressor's corpse en mass. This produced a phenomenal amount of lag and everyone died. Everyone. Fucking hilarious though.

Point: Never trust a Mechanic's common sense. Never. Something about that job just makes you want to break the Universe and have it kneel before you. I want them to be scannable as a Mechanic, but I know that eventually they'd go the way of ValuChimps and Cigarette Machines.
Truth be told I was just thinking it'd either be a machine or possibly another on station vendor. It'd be kind of neat to have a little on station strip mall or something.
No, we don't need more ways for people to grind the server to a halt.
ErikHanson Wrote:No, we don't need more ways for people to grind the server to a halt.

nonsense