Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give the CE a pet.
All the other heads have one, except the HOP, but it could be argued that George is the HOP's dog or something. My vote for the CE's pet is a rock crab wearing sunglasses called "The Bronz" because it's vaguely rock related and sounds like the fonz i guess?
What about Klaus? I mean, he is more of Engineering's pet but still.
I'm split. Klaus is a station mascot like Ol' Harner. Rathen could certainly qualify, but he's almost Universally hated by engineers for gettin' in our way when draggin' canns or stealin' tools. He's basically a sacrifice to the engine's thirst for souls, whether he die from exposure to a vacuum, heat in excess of 100m °C, or the furnace in his role as 'emergency fuel'. Regardless, the CE doesn't have a personal pet. Well, I consider the engine a pet when I'm CE, but I'm a tad weird.

On the other hand, having another critter that gets in the way would be bad. This means if the CE does get a pet then it would need to be passable without interfering with drag actions. It would also probably need to be immortal if you want people to get attached to em', as things that can die tend to in engineering.
give the ce a pet rock
Whatever it is would have to be extremely temperature and pressure resistant. As such a pet rock might just work.
babayetu83 Wrote:give the ce a pet rock
What about the space lobsters on mars? They certainly look like rocks.
Yes I would like a space lobster.
What if a rock had legs? Ladies and gentlemen, I offer you: a tortoise.
engineering has the monkey in the combustion chamber
Monkeys aren't pets, they're assholes
Why not make a wrench like clippy that starts in the CE's office. He has eyes and a mustache, and when you use him he says "I see you're trying to wrench something, would you like help?"
I feel like you could just invent a new species for CE's pet, this is a space station where you can give yourself laser eyes by changing a dna gene, I don't think creating a heat resistant animal would be that unrealistic in such a place.

I think a frog would be fun.

Rock worm might work too if you want to tie it into mining, although you should probably keep it away from the coal stockpile.
It occurs to me that an animal used to aid large scale engineering projects in real life is the ferret. The end of a cable would be tied to it and it would happily shoot down a long tunnel that needs cable running through it. Therefore I would like to suggesg a big happy ferret that likes to get into lockers and crates.
locusts Wrote:Monkeys aren't pets, they're assholes
just like engineers B]
Make the engineer pet a model T that refuses to start its engine. Appropriate