Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dream Seaker has utterly ceased function.
This is less of a bug report thread and more of a "Why the hell isn't this working" thread.

This is just starting to get annoying. I'm not too competent when it comes to the deeper details of my computer, so sorry if I don't quite provide enough info.

I have Windows 10. Byond was working fine until it abruptly stopped being able to play games. It crashes upon trying to load/join the server.

This is the only error I'm managing to get: A generic, non-descriptive kind:
[Image: 3f1fa190954c5c9a43ecfbdc711622f4.png]

This is a universal error in Byond, as attempting to join any other SS13 server or game causes the causes the same error.

Things that I have tried to do to fix this: (Obviously, all have failed.)
  • Restart My Computer
  • Uninstall and reinstall Byond
  • Restart Computer after reinstalling Byond
  • Repeat uninstalling, reinstalling, and restarting several times
  • Remove files from accidentally installing the Byond zip from before the inital install.
  • Running Byond while having ActiveX Filtering on IE enabled and disabled
  • Removing the AdBlock that was in place for IE (Which was a feeble attempt to remove Byond's ads. How the hell do you remove those. There weren't any on Windows 7.)

None of the common fixes for Byond problems are working.
Edit: Oh god I spelt Seeker wrong in the title.
I somehow managed to forget another thing: I've checked my Firewalls, none of them seem to be blocking Byond.

Edit button when?
Try disabling your antivirus program and see if that fixes the problem.
Apparently there's also an update to Windows 10 that fixes this or you could try fucking around with internet explorer settings to turn on active x settings as said by Vampirate in IRC.
Oh lordy none of that worked, I can't get it to work either this is awful! frown
The suggestion of enabling Active X seems to have made it work.

Which is strange because I tried it earlier.... and it didn't work?

Further looking about, (IE an influx of similar issues to /r/SS13) suggests that this came an update to windows 10, and that reverting it can fix it. Personally, I'd rather wait and see what another update to windows 10 does than revert, seeing as to how rapid the updates seem to be.

The one unavoidable constant of this game is that Byond is a piece of shit.
See this thread: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2008046
I didn't follow any of the links or read any replies (probably not a wise choice) but I had the same issue. I had to uninstall the most recent security update for Windows. That solved the bug on my end, with dream seeker crashing repeatedly or saying that byond needs to be updated (when I'm using the latest and greatest).
Strangely it was installing the flash security update that fixed it for me.