Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feature Request: Show # Of Active Jobs On Latejoin
Basically, I'm asking for the late-join "Click which job to sign on as" menu to show a number next to each available job that shows how many people of that job exist/have existed that round. Let's say Joe Pub likes to play as Security, Botanist, and Medical Doctor. He sees all three jobs available to click, he might just pick a random one. If he sees that there's already 3 Botanists and 4 Doctors, but only 1 Security Officer, he might pick botanist anyway because nobody plays sec security since he can tell that there's a job hole that needs filling.

This would help encourage a slightly more even distribution of jobs on midpop and especially lowpop rounds.
I love this idea.
Perhaps show number of open slots instead?
Dabir Wrote:Perhaps show number of open slots instead?
could just show both.
I really really like the basis of this idea!

My only stance would be that only the job slots currently available should be listed and, maybe, the current total of active living players. I don't believe any information should be given to latejoiners about the amount of people who have died and that goes double for the jobs of the deceased. I know this might be seen as being overprotective by some, but people are terrible.
Sorry, yeah, that's what I intended: On the list of selectable/available jobs only (ie: Ones that still have open slots), show how many other people have picked that this round, not necessarily alive/dead.

Or how many open slots for that job exist, which would serve the same purpose.
This is still a great idea! It's really needed on servers during non-peak times, where you can have five botanists and like no doctors because they didn't know a doctor was needed.