Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost Catcher Machine(GCM)
Make a ghost catcher machine that you can build, and when you turn it on, and a ghost ( a person that is dead) steps on the pad or plate of the ghost catcher machine, it will catch it and reclone it and the person gets another chance to live. because it will scan the ghost well.
but lets say you can only use it once. or make it a ANTAGONIST ITEM if you want.
Ghosts already get sent back to their bodies when cloned.
As long as its construction is convoluted enough I think it'd be perfectly fine as an add-on to the clone that doesn't require bodies. Of course it is highly experimental and you're likely to come back wrong.
How about having to load a critter in for it to work? Maybe even a random item if you modify it? Maybe a EMP grenade (not a emag) to give it more use.
How about using the Wraith item posession code? Catch a ghost, load the ghost and the item in a machine, make a living whatever.

Maybe include some kind of AI/Borg like laws where the ghost is bound to help the creator.
Yeah, I like this idea. Ghost things, flying haunted sandwiches, ghosts getting booted back to being dead if someone eats the flying sandwiches, et cetera.
I feel like this would be cool if it would be given to chaplain to play with. It sounds a bit too silly for medbay, and possession doesn't really seem like a science, and chaplain already gets all the voodoo luigi board stuff.

Cue Chaplain wrangling owls into chapel, then creating an army of sentient owls to hoot at the unbelievers.
This has made me think of an idea that incorporates this. I think I'll sprite-ify it.
Frank_Stein Wrote:How about using the Wraith item posession code? Catch a ghost, load the ghost and the item in a machine, make a living whatever.

Maybe include some kind of AI/Borg like laws where the ghost is bound to help the creator.

yeah yeah i logged in specifically to bring up possessed items as a possibility for this. theyre limited enough that theyre not highly appealing, but at least theyre something

maybe it should be a "click yes to be entered into the possession roulette" thing like with uh, krampus 2.0 spawning