Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grayshift's Public Reference/Spoiler V4
Goonstation Public Reference/Spoiler V4 is now available, roughly to coincide with Cogmap2. Incorporates a lot of new genetics reserach, a bunch of material science data, a touch more botany stuff.

Thoughts? Areas to focus on?

Also, if someone who goes to reddit could link it there, that would be appreciated. smile
This is beautiful
Nice! This will be used a lot. cool

I have some things on botany you can pick through. Might have to check validity because they were just personal notes. Clockwork oranges do require soulshattering quantities of endurance, though, and they taste horrible to boot! SO ANGRY

Thanks for the genetics research credit! That's still something I've been plodding away at on occasion, and you can find the full list that I've been using to determine combos right here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =drive_web

I suppose I might as well also go ahead and make a link to the official #sol info depository, containing all the information compiled by the new wave of Solarium nerds adapted from an exhaustive sheet of info (the Telescience Log) compiled by thirtiethelement and myself. It's got basically all there is to know on the various telesci locations, though if you have any interest in discovering this stuff for yourself, looking through these documents may not be for the best.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=105bCH ... SAQfFAAf0A

Finally, as my own personal contribution to the Goonstation knowledge base, I have my complete Critter Compendium! There's a truncated and edited version of this as an in-game book in the telesci lab, but this is the full sheet containing information on every single normal critter (and some admin-critters, for fun) there is to encounter! Note that I plan on adding attack damage for every critter, but as you could imagine, trying to uncover specific info on how much one single attack from a space bear does can be kind of difficult.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EIm ... Dh99o/edit
Nice! Please don't include secret recipes in the doc, otherwise they'll be changed! frown
It might could use frequencies for people new to packeteering. Unless you think it's just too esoteric, that is.
This is like the Prima guide to goonstation.
This is actually insanely useful.

Though, how much of this falls within the realm of secrets? Some of the things here are normally insanely difficult to figure out without outside help, like telesci and plant genomes, but they were never overtly public info, which makes it all feel a bit weird here.
IIRC some of the telesci stuff was available via radio beacon, but you still have to crack the location codes to figure out where each beacon is.

Some stuff in this thread might be pushing it, but at the same time I kinda think that if it doesn't dramatically increase grief, and encourages other people to contribute and explore, I don't have an issue with it personally.

Since they're all google docs, perhaps anything TOO bad could just be replaced with black bars e.g scp foundation.

I kinda feel like it would be kinda cool if the public records all had "redactions" by NANOTRASEN/CENTCOM for story reasons.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/random:random-scp

Especially since we have destiny now.
Also since Centcom is a group of corperate dorks, perhaps some stuff could be removed because patents, if the admins want to give people reason to explore and not just be lazy.

Quote:This DOCUMENT has been modified by Centcom because it contains some trade secrets that are property of NT.
Secrecy as a means of balance is a terrible idea.
Zamujasa Wrote:Secrecy as a means of balance is a terrible idea.
Yeah, but then I wouldn't have QGP to play with. frown

Terrible ideas can be terribly fun; the game itself stands as a grand testament to that fact.
Zamujasa Wrote:Secrecy as a means of balance is a terrible idea.
I agree with this sentiment, but my main argument in the favor of secrecy is that it encourages exploration. There's no need to explore places when you can just read a guide on it, but to do that is to miss out on the fun and the horror of going through stuff yourself, which I feel is very important.

It's also worth mentioning that #sol, in terms of both its membership and its information, has always been on a "come on in if you feel like it" basis, and this hasn't been a problem with the admins before so I don't see why it'd be a big problem now. The information is already out there.