Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrap Tools/Weapon/Armor Thread
While having more stuff players can cobble together would be neat, the ( not syndicate) pipebomb already exists for doing some minor damage and breaking things.

Plate armor already has a thread I recently reopened, even though it looks like plate armor probably won't happen.

Giving people dangerous things to build and kill eachother with could be fun, but also could be horribly abused.

While it could be kind of neat for a traitor to use engineerings furnaces to make weapons, it seems kind of out of place for ss13.

I do wish we could use things like radio igniters and proximity igniters on assistant made pipebombs, but that's not really likely.

I mean we have all these igniter things we can build but no bombs to use them with because all the bombs are in science, and you have to mess with gas to do that.
I can see why you'd say that,but still bullet moulds and barbed wire would be a nice addition.
Shrapnel was already a project I've got underway, I've been working on adding it to pipe bombs and syndicate pipe bombs. Just been kinda loafing on that one while more important stuff is going on.
Yeah the new station seems to be taking a chunk out of every admins time at the moment. But I posted this to sort of clear it from my head.
I'd also take out the idea of bullet molds. You realize that the general manufacturer can make ammo for the detective's gun, right?
Pretty much all these ideas already exist in the game already.

Homemade taser? Stungloves.
Bullet Moulds? The general fabricator has you covered.
Shrapnel bombs? Regular ol' pipebombs, once Cogwerks stops being lazy and working on Cogmap and instead codes the much needed shrapnel into our explosions.
Barbed wire? We already have glass shards and other things, though it'd be nice if they were harder to pick up.

I'm loathe to the idea of giving more people access to projectile weapons-if that's what you meant with the taser wrench- because they make combat pretty easy on unsuspecting victims, and are great for tagging any fool who gets in the way while you're dancing with a knowing opponent.

This isn't to say I wouldn't like to see boxing gloves wrapped with barbed wire, however. :|
david2222121 Wrote:Barbed wire? We already have glass shards and other things, though it'd be nice if they were harder to pick up.

curses. punching these electrified grilles is getting me nothing but electrocuted. if only i had a shard of glass firmly clenched in my palm! then i could safely bash it down for sure.

seriously though, you need to have shoes on to not cut your feet on shards of glass. why not make picking them up require any variety of glove?
Proximity Tesla coils that shoot lightning bolts at people close by would be cool.
I can't say I like the process of that taser; it should be something more like this.

- screwdriver some form of oxytank (pressure fired)
- screwdriver welder (trigger handle)
- rods (support)
- wires
- battery
- screwdriver
- batteries as ammo

It fires a big massive battery at the opponent, doing a bit of brute and then tasering them also. Along with that, it can't be recharged at all, and has the misfire-shock chance you described.

The bullet moulds area bit silly; the detective can do that already with the manufacturer.

The frag bombs are a neat idea, but why is it doing toxins damage? A bit of bleed and a big mess would be good enough.

Barbed wire seems pretty neat to be honest. Maybe they could be made with simple metal?

The plated vest seems ok; I like the idea of using the emergency suit. However it should limit movement to the same as the emergency suit as well, making you a slow-as-shit hulk of metal.
It would be very cool to sit in tool storage just fiddling around with the different materials trying to see what types of tools and weapons you could create together. I would like to see weapons break or malfunction due to constant use like it was suggested in a past thread, then more thought could be put in regarded the weapons you use and how effective they would be.
Weavel Wrote:I can't say I like the process of that taser; it should be something more like this.

- screwdriver some form of oxytank (pressure fired)
- screwdriver welder (trigger handle)
- rods (support)
- wires
- battery
- screwdriver
- batteries as ammo

It fires a big massive battery at the opponent, doing a bit of brute and then tasering them also. Along with that, it can't be recharged at all, and has the misfire-shock chance you described.

I want this, if only to see how rigged powercells work with it.

That and potatos. I want a potato cannon.
Another project I was eventually going to get around to was making zipguns, shitty little handguns made out of pipe and some other junk that would fire single .38 bullets from a hacked autolathe. They'd have a chance of exploding in your hand though.
Cogwerks Wrote:Another project I was eventually going to get around to was making zipguns, shitty little handguns made out of pipe and some other junk that would fire single .38 bullets from a hacked autolathe. They'd have a chance of exploding in your hand though.

Can I rig my shitty little rigged zipgun to shoot potatos, though?
I completely forgot that zipguns were a eventually maybe planned thing.

Also I heard someone was working on gas canister bombs.

I think being able to make gunpowder somehow would be kind of neat in the case of zipguns.

Also I think Moloktov Cocktails have been suggested before.

Perhaps the barman should have a barman's rag that could clean messes (while being horribly unsanitary) and be used in conjunction with a bottle and fire to make an improvised weapon.
yeah gas canister bombs are a project between me and marquesas, he coded them in public-release code based on my old proposal, i still need to port them over to new code when i've got some free time